Tampa Area Get Together

Akkord29

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
But there is a catch...I need assistance replacing my driver side coils and plugs. If anyone or more people are willing to help out. Let me know.

Jay

I'd come help you out if I was in the area. Surely you can get someone close to come by and help you out.

Well I've already done the passenger side. But after looking at the driver side, I know I couldn't do it myselfl. And finally today after 8 months of bad idling my CEL came on. I stopped by Autozone on my way home from work and it read misfire in cylinder 8.

You have a garage dood? I live in Brandon and would be happy to lend a hand. There is a tech document posted in the LS forum that discusses in great detail how to the the job.

I have a V6 and have the engine cracked open more that I ever cared to. I am cerain w can knock it out in no time flat.

PM me if you want to do this and have a place we can cover the care while we do it. You know how the Florida showers are.

Hell it rained all day the day I had my upper and lower intake off both times. I just sold my home so I do not have a garage for the moment.

Maybe we can have a Tampa Orlando gathering and anyone that wat to do the same project just all knock it out at once.

Wish I knew someone with some warehouse space we could all park in to do this.

This fits pefectly with my propsition a few moths ago to have a area volunteer list or good ol' boy network or whatever ya want to call it.

I think if we bulked up the order and hit 5star or torries for quotes we might eve be able to squeeze on the prices a bit.

The big catch is finding the garage space. to get 2 or 2 cars in at a time so we could roll through the projects quickly.

eL eS said:
Maybe we can have a Tampa Orlando gathering and anyone that wat to do the same project just all knock it out at once.

Wish I knew someone with some warehouse space we could all park in to do this.

I am down with a Tampa/ Orlando gathering! set a date and i will make for sure! :Beer

I am in Riverview and would love to get together with you guys. Let me know date and time..........Katz

awesome.

I would like to make this a "garage day" as Ken coined it but I no longer have a garage. Anyone have a Garage big enough to work on a car or two at a time?

Actually, how many folks have an issu they would like to try to fix?

If it is just one then this should be an easy thing to set up.

Yes the main problem would be find a garage to work at. I have minimal to basic tools.

I know I need 4 coils changed on the driver side.

I believe there was another person who posted in the LS forum from the area who also had a coil problem.

If anyone would like to have anything else besides coils, we can work on that as well.

Chime in people. The sooner the better. I can't drive my car to work anymore without changing this coil problem.

I donot have a garage and franly I do have a wheel snsor need to replace. But w need a place to work that has room enough for us to try to service two cars at once in case we get others that want to do some work. I will be more than happy to help ya out but you now the f weather this time of year and to do this without cover would be irresponsible IMHO.

Hi guys, spoke with Noah (EL) last night. I have any air tools or whatever needed to do the work. I also live in Brandon. My only problem is I have a small garage, and my 65 Falcon lives there. I can pull it out, and pray for no rain if we want to put one in the garage. But it will be tight in there to work. I re-shot my front bumper in there about a month ago, and it was tight. Let me know or Noah. I can accomidate a couple of cars but not like 5 or 6... Neiborhood is to tight. Street and driveway wise. But I'm willing to help.

Fordman said:
Hi guys, spoke with Noah (EL) last night. I have any air tools or whatever needed to do the work. I also live in Brandon. My only problem is I have a small garage, and my 65 Falcon lives there. I can pull it out, and pray for no rain if we want to put one in the garage. But it will be tight in there to work. I re-shot my front bumper in there about a month ago, and it was tight. Let me know or Noah. I can accomidate a couple of cars but not like 5 or 6... Neiborhood is to tight. Street and driveway wise. But I'm willing to help.

Yeah thanks for the offer fordman. I am hoping that one of the guys that has the critical repair issues might have some space as I do not want you to hav to expose your classic to the Florida elements. It rains when every it wants down here and it usually is an outright down poor.

Plus we do not want to pt your neighbors out at te sae time. I know how people ca get when more cars show up in the streets. And streets are seldom made wide enough to accomodate parking and trafic. Thanks agai for your generous offer.

Thanks for the offer Fordman. I also do not have a garage that we can work out of or the neighborhood at that. Alot of older folks complain when I park my car on the street.

Lets see if anyone has a place to offer. If not I'm willing to pay someone for help ASAP.

Akkord29 said:
Thanks for the offer Fordman. I also do not have a garage that we can work out of or the neighborhood at that. Alot of older folks complain when I park my car on the street.

Lets see if anyone has a place to offer. If not I'm willing to pay someone for help ASAP.
Jay,

If you have a good relationship with your local dealership ask them if you can rent out a lane or two in their shop. This might be a good alternative and having all the Lincoln's there may be a win-win situation for them. It might bring them some business. I'd say approach the Service Manager and ask him if you could rent out some space to have a Lincoln Garage Day. It's a thought and I think someone has done this before somewhere else.

the one dealership i had a good relationship with sold their licoln delaship to a new ford dealer and fordman adn I have discovered they are sloooow and customer service is very poor.

I agree, I don't think our new Lincoln Stealership would let us do anything there?? Their a$$holes. Let me talk to my son. He may access to his tint shop. We may be able to get in there on mabey a Sunday when there closed. That's about all I can come up with right now..... As far as my niehbors go, they would have no problem with the cars. Well get together on. I'd like to see this happen. My son may want to be there, since he has a Mark VIII... He does mostly all his own work.

Super. I have racked my brain trying to think of someone/where we could do this. The more the merrier LS, Marks, Avi, Navi and huh hmm ehhh caddi's :D

No, Only kidding...If we can get this together,all is welcome. As long as we can fit them.

Fordman said:
No, Only kidding...If we can get this together,all is welcome. As long as we can fit them.

Yeah I was jus' tryin' to rib the caddi folks but they really do not see to stop in here much. I'll look at the memeber list again but Iam pretty certain that FL membership is nearly 100% Lincoln.

Florida... the new land of Lincoln.

I'd love to shake the sunshine state bit as it is too :q hot down here right now.

noah, fordman... kudos on the hard work! i hope we can do something, and make this a cool get together.

I am so ready to se some faces and shake some hands I can't stand it. I would like to be able to help a few folks out at the same time if at all possible.

Iam going to call this ford tech I know that had to move to this crapp dealer John and I mentioned earlier and se if he has som leads.

Members online

No members online now.
Back