tailight issue

ruffsmkviiib

LVC Member
Reaction score
hi guys,was wondering if anybody could shed some light on a problem i have with no tailights.all of a sudden i have no tailights or parking lights.will a faulty rear neon ballast cause this?i was changing the neon ballast with another to see if it worked and then no tailights.any info would help thanx carl

Can you put the car into gear at all? If not, then might just be a fuse that got burnt out.

I had something similar happen to me once where I had noticed the ballast was disconnected from the harness, so I connected it and turned on the car only to see smoke coming out of the trunk.

Yikes!! Bad idea!!

So I disconnected the ballast from the harness and was going to go about my merry way when I noticed the brake being super stiff and I couldn't put the car into gear. Sure enough, connecting the bad ballast had shorted the brake fuse, don't know how, but it did, and so I just replaced the fuse and everything was a ok.

Lets hope that's all it is.

I had a short behind the dash that did the same thing. Except I was able to put the car in gear and drive just had no parking lights, dash lights, or tail lights

Members online

Back