Switched from Octastars to Speedstars

ericsthename

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just got my speedstars from Temple Performance a couple weeks ago. Got them installed with some BFG Sport Comp 2's - 245 front, 275 rear.

Love the new look - had to enamel the calipers though. Anyway - some photos for the lookin'

http://sdrv.ms/10ILJHO

looks very nice. I like it.

its your car sensor lowered?

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

Badge looks too high and slightly crooked..

Wheels look great :)

I just moved the sensors within the factory slide range to their lowest point, I didn't re-drill anything. I've always liked the way the speedstars look - sure they're the popular choice, but that's ok.

Maybe the badge is placed tall, but it looks "right" when I look at it in person. When I applied it I just looked at an image like this and tried to assimilate the positioning on the Mark:

ford-shelby-gt500-2010-front-clip-detail.jpg

Yeah, I had to keep the airbags so I splurged for a set of OEM struts a couple of years back.

At the time the wife had a cougar XR7 and I did a full Voghtland 1.5" drop on it. Made me wish for the tighter feel for a little bit, but computer controlled air suspension is just one of those things that makes the mark what it is (disclaimer: in my opinion). Along with broken cupholders, doorhandles, seat tracks and headlights.

But that being said, people ask me to this day: what kind of car is that? Is it new??

I thought the same thing when I saw it. :) Chicken has a look alike Mark. Just imagine how many look a likes there would be if 3/4 of the Marks were silver.:D

yup me and my "played out wheels"

Yeah, I had to keep the airbags so I splurged for a set of OEM struts a couple of years back.

At the time the wife had a cougar XR7 and I did a full Voghtland 1.5" drop on it. Made me wish for the tighter feel for a little bit, but computer controlled air suspension is just one of those things that makes the mark what it is (disclaimer: in my opinion). Along with broken cupholders, doorhandles, seat tracks and headlights.

get a rays switch in that thing asap. and i know what you mean i have a 98 lsc and a 95 bird. they are like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, the mark is sensor lowered on air and the bird is on lowered springs and all the subframe braces, one to the other is like sitting on a cloud or a bed of nails

Members online

Back