suspension techs please.

209 Mark

LVC Member
Reaction score
short story, (94 mark VIII)

got a new tranny and i forgot to turn the switch off before it went to the shop, it came out and its slammed to the ground. compressor not working, fuses are good, havent checked relays yet. 2 questions

1. Is there anyway possible to add air manually to the bags (i dont think its possible)

2. Is any suspension compatible for the mark, ( i.e. thunderbird,cougar?) i dont have the 600$ to drop on the strutmasters compelete kit and i hate the air bags. i want to know if there is basically a straight up, bolt on swap over.

Check relays before making that decision. The shop you took it to should have known to shut the switch off anyway. I have turned mine off myself though because you can't trust a mechanic to remember that simple switch.

If you had no issues with it before this, it is probably something easy (and maybe stupid)-is the switch on? Disconnect the battery positive cable and see if that clears it up-I wouldn't give up on a working air system so quick, if it is a basket case maybe, but it sounds like it worked alright prior to this.

yea prior to this i had no problems, but i never messed with it, when i bought the car the drivers side was a little lower im assuming slow leak, and i had the check air ride light. but i heard checking the relays are a pain in the ass..

yea prior to this i had no problems, but i never messed with it, when i bought the car the drivers side was a little lower im assuming slow leak, and i had the check air ride light. but i heard checking the relays are a pain in the ass..

The reason the air suspension is shut off during service is so the bags don't crease....

so if i opt for a swap the best bet would be buy a setup from strutmaster.com ? i thought that thunderbird setup would bolt right up

This is where I step out lol. I don't believe in driving without air.

bounce.gif

This is where I step out lol. I don't believe in driving without air.

bounce.gif

hahahaha i just think it save money in the long run and i dont like the little hassles the bags come with , compressor,fuses,relays,air hoses etc....

Ok, try to find some Gen 2 bags with low miles on them, they'll work and get a compressor from Eddie for $155.00 and send him your core within 30 days and you should have years of worry free air ride coming to you. Relays and air lines would be extremely rare to have to deal with, if ever.

I sent you links to his site and he rebuilds the OEM compressors better than they were made from the factory. I have one right now setting next to my bed but it's going in a 95 I'm about to go get in Florida.

where is the ABS relay located ? im going to swap them to see if my compressor kicks on .... i know its on the drivers side is it behind the wheel well ?

air ride relay is on the passengers side, and the abs sensor is on the drivers side its in the wheel well...there identical, and pretty much in the same position except on different sides

Try jacking the car up some. You may be so low that it is out of range of the sensors. If the sensors are out of their range, the compressor will not come on.
Jack the front up some and see if the compressor kicks on.

Try jacking the car up some. You may be so low that it is out of range of the sensors. If the sensors are out of their range, the compressor will not come on.
Jack the front up some and see if the compressor kicks on.

i did this and now im hearing a hissing and a light clicking sound... but im not sure how much to jack it up so i just guesstamated.....

well i have no idea how far to lift it up but i did and still nothing

i turned the switch off jacked it up, turned the car on and then fliped the switch and put it in drive. then turned the car off took the jack out and turnedthe car back on and its still the same ? am i going about this the wrong way ?

Last edited:
The reason the air suspension is shut off during service is so the bags don't crease....

The system is shut off pts so when the car is lifted it will not deflate it's bags and possibly pop one off during reinflation [more common with town cars then marks since the marks are bolted into position and not clipped].

i would like to THANK EVERYONE who replied to my question.. i changed my relay and boom compressor kicked on and aired it right up!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back