Subwoofers

Please use punctuation in your sentences. Bass is mono and if i recall im running my sub of a monoblock amp. Sure you can have bass in stereo, but the way songs are setup most of the time the basslines are in the center of the soundstage. Really no need for a left and right when both subs are in your trunk and not left and right of you.

Ported is louder. Sealed is more efficient. You dont need multiple subs to hit hard. Like i said, you can buy a stronger sub and amp that is matched to it.

A single sub and amp will not blow your speaker. Im running an Audioque SDC 2.5 with 500rms @ 2ohms. The sub is rated for 600rms and no its not going to blow. And if it did...recone.

Are you against sending lots of power to a single sub? They do make subs that can push 2000rms now all day long on music not just burps.

Those kickers suck imo...much better out there. Especially the solobarics. The world records in db arent held by kicker or mtx or even JL. I believe its DC right now. Followed by Digital Designs and some with Audioque.

Ive heard single sub system put multiple sub systems to same. Its all about the right setup. Just informing the op that you can do a lot with one sub. Did you really say to go buy a crunch amp? Lmao im not a newbie with car audio...my amp is also an Audioque amp and if you wanna check it out its not a light weight: http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html later on i plan on getting a stronger sub and running it at 1ohms to get the most of the amp.

for the umpteenth time.PORTED ENCLOSURES ARE NOT LOUDER THEY ARE JUST TUNED TO ONE FREQUENCY.
thats what they were designed for. if you like a kickdrum double bass like metallica tune the box to 80-100hz, if you like synthasized bass like rap tune to 60 hz. it will seem louder at that freuency but be NOT louder acrossthe board. if you put a sealed box and a ported box with the same speaker in it and powered it with the same amp if its tuned for techno rap at 60 hz. and you play hard core metal with lots of kick drum and a good thumpy bass groove it will sound weak as opposed to the sealed box, however if you played your techno mix, the ported box will have a noticeable increase AT THAT FREQUENCY.
they are tuned by the diameter and length of port. hopefully this will sink through the 3rd layer of your medula oblongatta, its really not that complicated. the crunch sub and amp are garbage, it was just a reference, and yes my subs are not the best, but the box is the proper size coupled with proper watts for what i need, didnt feel like dropping 400 for one sub at the time.i chose to put $$ in motor instead. before you go making statements be sure you know what your talking about as a matter of fact bandpass, ported, and sealed enclosures were all designed for a specific purpose and its all in the dictionary .and if you wanted to grade my punctuation you should have come prepared with the knowledge on the topic. thank you for letting me channel my inner a$$hole, i needed to vent, thank you,
good day sir:cool:
I SAID GOOD DAY!

for the umpteenth time.PORTED ENCLOSURES ARE NOT LOUDER THEY ARE JUST TUNED TO ONE FREQUENCY.
thats what they were designed for. if you like a kickdrum double bass like metallica tune the box to 80-100hz, if you like synthasized bass like rap tune to 60 hz. it will seem louder at that freuency but be NOT louder acrossthe board. if you put a sealed box and a ported box with the same speaker in it and powered it with the same amp if its tuned for techno rap at 60 hz. and you play hard core metal with lots of kick drum and a good thumpy bass groove it will sound weak as opposed to the sealed box, however if you played your techno mix, the ported box will have a noticeable increase AT THAT FREQUENCY.
they are tuned by the diameter and length of port. hopefully this will sink through the 3rd layer of your medula oblongatta, its really not that complicated. the crunch sub and amp are garbage, it was just a reference, and yes my subs are not the best, but the box is the proper size coupled with proper watts for what i need, didnt feel like dropping 400 for one sub at the time.i chose to put $$ in motor instead. before you go making statements be sure you know what your talking about as a matter of fact bandpass, ported, and sealed enclosures were all designed for a specific purpose and its all in the dictionary .and if you wanted to grade my punctuation you should have come prepared with the knowledge on the topic. thank you for letting me channel my inner a$$hole, i needed to vent, thank you,
good day sir:cool:
I SAID GOOD DAY!

Some one forgot to take their meds...its really not that serious man.

Ive already said what i needed to say. Ported is louder with sloppy bass and sealed is not as loud but cleaner with tight bass. Im not talking about across the board or different genres of music or all these other factors.

Ive owned many different types of subs/enclosures and still have a bandpass ported with Orion XTR's laying around....the old school ferrofluid ones. Again im not pulling random :q:q:q:q out my ass.

We can go more in depth with it but in general these statements are true. Im not an idiot and dont need to be talked down to. This thread is about informing the op not arguing over enclosures.

Some one forgot to take their meds...its really not that serious man.

Ive already said what i needed to say. Ported is louder with sloppy bass and sealed is not as loud but cleaner with tight bass. Im not talking about across the board or different genres of music or all these other factors.

Ive owned many different types of subs/enclosures and still have a bandpass ported with Orion XTR's laying around....the old school ferrofluid ones. Again im not pulling random :q:q:q:q out my ass.

We can go more in depth with it but in general these statements are true. Im not an idiot and dont need to be talked down to. This thread is about informing the op not arguing over enclosures.

listen, dont talk to me about meds we're talking stereos something of which i did as a job with my own shop i know what im talking about and you know as much about subs as obama does about economics.ported boxes enhance sound at the tuned freuency. period.what part of that dont you understand?
:bash:

listen, dont talk to me about meds we're talking stereos something of which i did as a job with my own shop i know what im talking about and you know as much about subs as obama does about economics.ported boxes enhance sound at the tuned freuency. period.what part of that dont you understand?
:bash:

Ok i wont talk about your meds.

No they dont enhance freuency. They enhance frequencies.

At least obama didnt bankrupt the country with two false wars. Im having a hard time understanding most of your post actually. Seriously you are going off on me for no reason.

I had an old PPI amp from the early 90s back in the day. 3 feet long and white. It was either the 2300AM or the 2300M. I can't remember which but it was bridgeable if I recall. I quickly found out within a couple days that my 105 amp GM alternator wasn't enough. LOL That sucker made some power for what it was.

Lol +1 with ppi before they bailed out, I had a chrome ppi pc1800 had that sheit bumping 1 ohm for all of 2 days before it blew everything across the board :p

i have 900 rms kenwood amp and a 900rms single alpine type r, ported box setup and it rattles the windows in my apartment. the sub cost bout 160 and the amp was 180 on ebay.

Before I got the Kicker ZX 600.4, I tested out this one week setup while I took a trip to Florida and when I got back home, I took that sub out and put my three 10's back in.

This was a like new Kicker L7, hooked to a Kicker ZX1000.1 and it had a good hit to it but only if it was deep. It's bass notes were nowhere near what my three 10's can do with that same amp.

Photo0139.jpg

Trunk space is something that I could care less about but we all lead different lives. I don't drive in the trunk. I don't ride in the trunk. All I do is fill it up with bottles of Mountain Dews and it holds 10 to 15 eight packs of 12 oz bottles with no problem lol.

Photo0110.jpg

I have a back seat for additional groceries if needed and I am able to remove my spare tire with my current setup, although it doesn't appear so. I can. I have never needed it but I can open it enough to get the tire out. Anyway, The one 12" L7 just wasn't cutting it for me so I went back with the three 10's and it hits hard and not just deep bass notes. It will hit them high and it will hit them low and in between.
DSC02503.jpg

Not claiming to have the nicest baddest setup here because there are some on this site that I know of that really have some money invested. I bought that KickerZX1000.1 and Kicker 12" L7 with it's original box, all in mint condition for $240

The amp was worth that alone. I sold the sub on ebay for more than I paid for both, amp and sub. The Kicker ZX600.4 was about ($145-shipped) used on ebay and idc what anyone on here says. Kicker is underrated with their amp rms wattage ratings. They have more than enough clean hard hitting power and at a decent price, even if new.

A Kicker ZX750.1 would be enough for the OP and just about any sub of his choice. Any two subs of his choice or almost any three of his choice.

OP, you just have to research and look for those deals. They are out there but you have to hunt them down. People hit hard times and need money right then and you have to be there right then with the cash. Check CL daily because you never know what you will find.

Ok i wont talk about your meds.

No they dont enhance freuency. They enhance frequencies.

At least obama didnt bankrupt the country with two false wars. Im having a hard time understanding most of your post actually. Seriously you are going off on me for no reason.

you still want to edge the last word in, it figures your a obama supporter like talking to a brick wall. and you mean the war against al-quaeda which we wouldnt have succeeded if not for intel our military got under bush (which wasnt a genius either)? or the other war in iraq where i was ,you douche ,where the whole country was screamimg for invasion and no didnt find nukes but wmd are also chemical and biological weapons which we found, and this president who couldnt even put forth his own budget his own party denied , doubled the defecit in 3 years. no he bankrupted country all by himself with the help of pelosi, reid and barney frank who at least had the common decency to quit, and lets not forget the atty. general eric holder an appoinrted best friend of obama who was the head of the biggest scandal since watergate,or the complete washout of taxpayer, thats me and you, money in the billions in solyndra,and solor sheild. instead of "bringing the parties closer by crossing the isles", reduce the defecit in 1/2, and i could go on and on but were still talking stereos and ill go off on anyone who DOES actually post :q:q:q:q out their ass and just by your last statement "they enhance frequencies" havent been paying attention they enhance the FREQUENCY the box is tuned at, so if giving the wrong info to someone, then backing it up with repeating the same bull :q:q:q:q,then resort to name calling when you have no argument left, you fall right where i thought. in the obama pile. should have seen it coming. and this is a mark viii forum. take your ls which is an abbrev. for ladies .

Before I got the Kicker ZX 600.4, I tested out this one week setup while I took a trip to Florida and when I got back home, I took that sub out and put my three 10's back in.

This was a like new Kicker L7, hooked to a Kicker ZX1000.1 and it had a good hit to it but only if it was deep. It's bass notes were nowhere near what my three 10's can do with that same amp.

right, exactly. the 3 10's move more air so sound "louder" and "deeper" by going from 1 to 3 hes producing 125% more volume first doubling then adding one,also jl audio makes great speakers. he gets it. of course if he put 2 solobarics or 3 it would be amazing.

This might sound stupid but the only way I could get that L7 in the trunk was to remove the spare tire cover and that gave me enough room to get it in. If someone were to put three of those in, they would have to build the box in the trunk to accommodate the three. What I have now will go in with the spare tire cover in place but it is a very tight fit and has to be worked in. The latch is what gets in the way but once it's in and is setting flat, it slides right back in place. The box is fairly deep, about 19" I think and right at 35" wide and 14" in height. Not a lot of room left on the top of it. The port is 14" X 2"

I have a few pics of the inside and how it's ported or some call it vented and I have also heard "slot ported"

NewWiring009.jpg

NewWiring004.jpg

NewWiring010.jpg

NewWiring013.jpg

NewWiring012.jpg

NewWiring001.jpg

Now, someone here has an LS I believe and has this setup. Some time and money went into this one.

LSJL2000-1.jpg

LS2000.jpg

"keep it simple, stupid" I think thats what he is talking about

you still want to edge the last word in, it figures your a obama supporter like talking to a brick wall. and you mean the war against al-quaeda which we wouldnt have succeeded if not for intel our military got under bush (which wasnt a genius either)? or the other war in iraq where i was ,you douche ,where the whole country was screamimg for invasion and no didnt find nukes but wmd are also chemical and biological weapons which we found, and this president who couldnt even put forth his own budget his own party denied , doubled the defecit in 3 years. no he bankrupted country all by himself with the help of pelosi, reid and barney frank who at least had the common decency to quit, and lets not forget the atty. general eric holder an appoinrted best friend of obama who was the head of the biggest scandal since watergate,or the complete washout of taxpayer, thats me and you, money in the billions in solyndra,and solor sheild. instead of "bringing the parties closer by crossing the isles", reduce the defecit in 1/2, and i could go on and on but were still talking stereos and ill go off on anyone who DOES actually post :q:q:q:q out their ass and just by your last statement "they enhance frequencies" havent been paying attention they enhance the FREQUENCY the box is tuned at, so if giving the wrong info to someone, then backing it up with repeating the same bull :q:q:q:q,then resort to name calling when you have no argument left, you fall right where i thought. in the obama pile. should have seen it coming. and this is a mark viii forum. take your ls which is an abbrev. for ladies .

First of all buddy im a combat vet served a full tour in baghdad and ive also been to kuwait. I dont support obama or any politician but he didn't send fellow troops overseas to die for nothing. I could have been killed over there and therefore i don't have any support for any political party. They are all overpaid idiots.

The conflict in the middle east......they have been fighting for years and will keep on whether we have boots on ground there or not. The Iraq invasion had nothing to do with Al-Qaeda. Go educate yourself on this before you come at me.

As for the boxes, yes they do enhance frequencies (not frequency) as in you can tune a box to different ones by changing the port. Hence multiple frequencies.

Quit acting like a :q:q:q:qin dick and get off your high horse. My LS is worth 5 times what your mark is worth. This is the mark forum but this is a thread about subwoofers and i will continue to post if i feel like it. Cheers.

First of all buddy im a combat vet served a full tour in baghdad and ive also been to kuwait. I dont support obama or any politician but he didn't send fellow troops overseas to die for nothing. I could have been killed over there and therefore i don't have any support for any political party. They are all overpaid idiots.

The conflict in the middle east......they have been fighting for years and will keep on whether we have boots on ground there or not. The Iraq invasion had nothing to do with Al-Qaeda. Go educate yourself on this before you come at me.

As for the boxes, yes they do enhance frequencies (not frequency) as in you can tune a box to different ones by changing the port. Hence multiple frequencies.

Quit acting like a :q:q:q:qin dick and get off your high horse. My LS is worth 5 times what your mark is worth. This is the mark forum but this is a thread about subwoofers and i will continue to post if i feel like it. Cheers.
i could care less about your combat experience and your one tour, try 3 and i cant talk about the rest.and im plenty educated enough to see your a twinkie, you probably ran and peed yourself at the first sign of combat. pm me and ill show you whos educated.you are exactly whats wrong with some of the troops there. your not there for your opinion. i wasnt in the reserves
you started this stupid argument in the first place so you again just said tune a box to different frequencies, so when the box is made its tuned to one frequency you douche just made my side twice ,so ill stay on my horse get it to mount you and plug your piehole and i could care less how much your ls is worth only a douche would use that as a statement. my watch is probably worth more than your car, and runs better too. im done with you . see you on another thread,maybe youll have something constructive to say then:):D:cool:

i could care less about your combat experience and your one tour, try 3 and i cant talk about the rest.and im plenty educated enough to see your a twinkie, you probably ran and peed yourself at the first sign of combat. pm me and ill show you whos educated.you are exactly whats wrong with some of the troops there. your not there for your opinion. i wasnt in the reserves
you started this stupid argument in the first place so you again just said tune a box to different frequencies, so when the box is made its tuned to one frequency you douche just made my side twice ,so ill stay on my horse get it to mount you and plug your piehole and i could care less how much your ls is worth only a douche would use that as a statement. my watch is probably worth more than your car, and runs better too. im done with you . see you on another thread,maybe youll have something constructive to say then:):D:cool:

I could care less about your 3 tours. You must have been a pogue judging by your actions in this thread. Youre still an ass and have no right coming out at me thinking you know everything. Plenty of garbage soldiers in active army as well as reserves. I did my time and kept ignorant :q:q:q:qs like you safe. I know what i did and have the awards/orders to back it up.

The length the port goes into the box and the cross-sectional area of the port opening will dicate ur tuning frequency. Drop the :q:q:q:q and admit that you are wrong for coming at me/bashing me.

I don't even care about the discussion anymore. Go do something productive with your life because arguing on a forum about stupid :q:q:q:q is pretty pointless.

Only a douche would bash another mans car when nothing was said about his. And if you spent $15K on a watch then you clearly dont have your priorities straight.

Cmon guys. I can see why this is LVC and not LOD. This chit would have been closed a long time ago on the other forum. Now things are going in circles and topics are being brought up that don't need to be. Jus sayin...

Members online

No members online now.
Back