straight pipe people

I did the same thing, just cut the mufflers off and fixed the :q:q:q:qty y, i was originally going to put something in the third cat slot but meh, i liked the loud. make sure you make one of the tails longer than the other or you will go nuts from the drone, you can offset the y.

That sound is because the motor was cold when I did that. Once it warms up it stops with the backfire like sound.

I know its not hurting at all.

Someone with some better word vocab could tell you more about it.

looks like my mufflers are coming off this weekend, any tips for running no muffs? did you guys just use old brackets etc?

+1 Headers bring everything to a whole new level of public nuisance. :p

New level of public nuisance :) haha. I want to get Kooks but there so damn expensive. Idk if SCP is the only place to get them for mark viii's but these are the ones i would get :

4.6L DOHC SCP/Kooks 3/4 Length Torque '93-95 Headers - 304 STAINLESS STEEL

There 815.99 plus shipping and then add more on top of that for installation by a mechanic. I know the car will have more power and the exhaust will be louder right?

I'm looking into re-doing my exhaust soon- gonna get the 93-96 mark viii kit from mandrel exhaust systems, put an x-pipe in and some dynomax race bullets. To top it all of i would put the kooks in but $815 is expensive as hell.

With that setup i'm looking to do and the Kooks headers will the car be ridiculously loud or just very aggressive?

New level of public nuisance :) haha. I want to get Kooks but there so damn expensive. Idk if SCP is the only place to get them for mark viii's but these are the ones i would get :

4.6L DOHC SCP/Kooks 3/4 Length Torque '93-95 Headers - 304 STAINLESS STEEL

There 815.99 plus shipping and then add more on top of that for installation by a mechanic. I know the car will have more power and the exhaust will be louder right?

I'm looking into re-doing my exhaust soon- gonna get the 93-96 mark viii kit from mandrel exhaust systems, put an x-pipe in and some dynomax race bullets. To top it all of i would put the kooks in but $815 is expensive as hell.

With that setup i'm looking to do and the Kooks headers will the car be ridiculously loud or just very aggressive?

With the KOOKS and your setup it will pretty much be loud as hell and very aggressive LOL. I know what you're saying though and I do agree the headers are expensive. It's a tough pill to swallow and the price should come down more but it probably won't. I got mine in 304 Stainless. They do retain their beauty and they do last. Mine are just discolored from heat(that's normal) after two years with them but they are not rusting at all.

If you want to go cheaper, get cobra manifolds. They are a step up from your manifolds and are pennies compared to the Kooks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back