straight pipe people

mossbergman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
how are you guys liking yours so far? i got mine new years eve, and that thing sounds bad ass. Now if could only get it to back it up id be really happy. the only complaint i have is its pretty vibratey(?) and a little loud when cruising at 60<. i just cant get over how damn awesome it sounds.

i love mine!

i get a TON of looks though. only down side, draw attention to your self.

I liked mine but put the muff's back on this summer. Just got sick of the attention/noise, esp since I'm stock.

Straight pipes is when you have no cats. No mufflers does not equal straight pipes. I think there's some confusion in this thread. I have straight pipes, 3 inch custom x pipe and Summit turbo mufflers. It's a mellow setup until you get on it.

if you straight pipe your exhaust and have no cats and mufflers don't you have to do something so you don't breathe the exhaust in thru the vents?

Straight pipes is when you have no cats. No mufflers does not equal straight pipes. I think there's some confusion in this thread. I have straight pipes, 3 inch custom x pipe and Summit turbo mufflers. It's a mellow setup until you get on it.

okay mr. technical

Mine is Supercharged into Kooks headers then into a Magnaflow dual 2 1/2" in and out X-pipe Resonator. It barely cost more than just a X-Pipe and works like a drive shaft loop. Then dual 2 1/2'' plpes all the way back. It's as loud as most with straight pipes. Most of the sound in this video is my Lincoln Mark VIII. Supercharged Mark VIII Vs Supercharged Thunderbird - YouTube

I've got hollowed out cats, no resonators, and no mufflers. Pure straight pipes.... it was fun for a while, but I'm tired of it now. It just sounds soo obnoxious. I'm slowly collecting parts for new exhaust and a more "refined" tone..... but yeah it def sounds bada$$ at wide open throttle and will def get yo lots of attention........wanted and unwanted

That does sound good

OP is your car a base or lsc? Personally for the price of a couple mufflers it just sounds better

If lsc third cat removal and some kind of equalizer pipe h x really helps with the overall sound....chambered mufflers tend to give you more "drone" ie. flowmaster....a straight through design tends to have a quieter idle but really roars to life under a load and has less drone...but if straight pipes is what your after that raspy sound..to each and there own

But having owned several of these cars...a muffler makes all the difference

Come spring...I'm doing a complete system..cobra manifolds, high flow cats, h or x undecided probably try both ways then pick...and a straight through style muffler...magnaflow, dynomax, borla

Yes sometimes it annoying and attract attention when you would rather not. Have you ever seen drillers. He has cutoffs he can control from in the car. Got me thinking.

my cars a 97 lsc and i just had 2.5 ran from the third cat back (which i wanted taken out, no local shops would do it). i think it sounds very cobra ish

I have straights on mine. Love it. No muffs or that third cat thing. Its a base. I tried the LSC exhaust with straights and honestly hated it. So I painstakingly swapped over.

I got 0 cats 0 resonators 0 mufflers true dual with an x and it is facking LOUD

wow way to make me feel like a pansie lol. i was just in a parking garage today with the car and it was by far the highlight of my day :D:D:D

When we put headers on my 1993 mark I noticed the cats (one being part of the exhaust manifold) had been hollowed out (looks like a good job) but if anybody want them they can have them. You have to pick them up though, no shipping.

when i can shoot a not crap quality video i'll make a vid of mine. it's nothing short of musical lol

wow way to make me feel like a pansie lol. i was just in a parking garage today with the car and it was by far the highlight of my day :D:D:D

haha sorry bud i just like it loud, i redid the exhaust on my f150 too i think im the only 2011 f150 out there with headers to true dual 3" with an x with no cats no res no mufflers :q:q:q:q all! its twice as loud as my car! i really need to buy a camera =/

when i can shoot a not crap quality video i'll make a vid of mine. it's nothing short of musical lol

We call it music. People just don't understand, especialy the cops. That's why I coast by a cruiser when I see one. Sometimes a downshift is necessary to reduce drone if I am in that dreaded sweet spot. :p

haha sorry bud i just like it loud, i redid the exhaust on my f150 too i think im the only 2011 f150 out there with headers to true dual 3" with an x with no cats no res no mufflers :q:q:q:q all! its twice as loud as my car! i really need to buy a camera =/

no offense at all but from what ive read i thinks its unlikely your putting down that rwhp through an auto on your truck without some spray or FI. are they really that badass with just an NA 5.0?

no offense at all but from what ive read i thinks its unlikely your putting down that rwhp through an auto on your truck without some spray or FI. are they really that badass with just an NA 5.0?

its all in the tune. those numbers were with 103 octane gas. i daily drive the truck with 91. it layed down 443rwhp. theres more done to the truck then my sig i just dont feel like writing its life story in my signature lol.

its all in the tune. those numbers were with 103 octane gas. i daily drive the truck with 91. it layed down 443rwhp. theres more done to the truck then my sig i just dont feel like writing its life story in my signature lol.

wow thats still incredible. i guess the mustang guys are laying down that same power with similar tunes/boltons. 500 NA hp is just awesomely absurd tho!!!

Members online

Back