Heres a few teaser pics

DSC002991.jpg

DSC003001.jpg

DSC003011.jpg

DSC003021.jpg

DSC003031.jpg

DSC003041.jpg

DSC003051.jpg

Thats a mig 140 amp welder. The tubing is mild steel cannt afford the good stuff and don't want the cheap SS cracking on me.

Nice... I'm assuming you are using gas not flux core, get C25... good cheap all round gas... Hobart brand wire is good stuff too from my experience.

I plan on using gas but for the mock up I'm going with flux core. Need some more funds to get the tank. 25%co2 is what I'm getting. Its my first welder and its alot of $$. It was much cheaper to use my friends.

I see a Corvette! :D Who does that belong to?

This is in my parents garage. I wish I had a three car garage and the vette, not yet anyway. Its a 73 L-82 4 spd vette pretty sweet too.

Going turbo not sure if its a single or twin yet. The more I think of it I'm leaning to twins,so I'll have to get a second one before I finish. I can mock it all up with one so it wont hold me up. I also have a few things to fix while I'm at it. rear main and diff axles seal. The front end needs some new parts but I cann't do it now.

When this is done I will have a LSC exhaust for a good price, any one interested.

That's going to be a fun project from the looks of it. It will be cool to see your progress :)
Before you start, get rid of that pin stripe, it sticks out way to much imho :)

Depending on what the exhaust sounds like I might be interested when I buy my Mark.

If you are going turbo are you going to be mounting it remotely ? Those headers can't be used if you were going to mount them normally.

The turbos will go where the mufflers are. I may cut into the trunk to hide them better? Thing are kinda Up in the air about the specifics. Hell I may even buy some used stock mufflers to cut up and hide the turbos behind if they are too visible.

So nobody likes the pinstripe. Humm

The number of pics in the OP is a good start, we expect a bunch more as the project progresses.

DO NOT USE FLUX CORE.... PERIOD!!!!!

It is messy, and a total PITA... just don't do it... gas is not that expensive at the end of the day...

For a mock up, who cares if he uses flux core? Yeah it splatters everywhere and can't lay a good bead for more than an inch, but a mock up doesn't have to look good.

Thats a good point roadboss. I want to keep the car as stock as possible for now. If I change the fuel tank and system then that opens up alot more expenses. At this time I'm going with the stock tank. This is still a stock engine so the boost is going to be low. Later when I get the engine built I can go for more.

As for the flux core welding its all new to me. done mig and tig before never used flux so I'll see what it looks like. I would only tack weld the pipes then grind them down and weld over with the gas. We'll see how that goes.

As for the flux core welding its all new to me. done mig and tig before never used flux so I'll see what it looks like. I would only tack weld the pipes then grind them down and weld over with the gas. We'll see how that goes.

Get some scrap steel the same gauge as your ext. tubing and practice.
It would suck to go under there and blow holes :p

I agree...loose the pin stripe.

Members online

No members online now.
Back