Started a little somethin

I talked to my dad and he doesn't have a problem putting the HID's in, he just doesn't want any problems or anything to mess up the car. Think I'm better off just putting new halogen bulbs in, I thought I'd be able to just plug in the hid kit and be done with it.

Just get the HID kit and install it. I have had my 93 for almost 3 years with the same HID kit. No switch mod, no relay. Just replacing the factory halogens with the kit. This was installed by the previous owner. I have had zero problems with it. The lights work everytime. Just cut the wire for the headlight warning and you're good to go. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Just get the HID kit and install it. I have had my 93 for almost 3 years with the same HID kit. No switch mod, no relay. Just replacing the factory halogens with the kit. This was installed by the previous owner. I have had zero problems with it. The lights work everytime. Just cut the wire for the headlight warning and you're good to go. No need to reinvent the wheel.

thanks man. I just sprayed a coat of some rustoleum silver paint, supposed to be reflective. I don't think its gonna work, if it doesn't I'm buying the chrome tape.

1 Ebay relayed harness if you're just doing HID lowbeams. Pulls almost all the electrical load off the antique headlight wiring harness and let's the battery supply the power to the headlights. Chrome tape is the only way to go. It will take a few days (pace yourself don't rush). Pull the column apart and I just wrapped a piece of wire around the proper terminals on the multifunction switch and slapped it back together. Still works perfectly.

I was a total mark viii noob when I did most of this and it was cake.

Im gonna get the tape soon, this will be my after school project for a bit lol

Its cake to add a relayed harness for the HID's. And the column switch mod will take like 30mins.

Chrome

I got a chrome kit from a company in Ca called ALSA. They claim you can chrome anything even a pair of leather shoes. I invested the $300 and gave it a try. STAY AWAY it did'nt work for me even the second time with extra tips from the company. Their video looks like it'll work. It's just spraying a mirror and clear coating. The video sucked me in. It would have been perfect to re-do the lights. I tried to get a refund and after 1 year faxing and calling never got an answer. Watch their video and you'll see what I,m talking about. It almost worked

HDLT.jpg

HDLT 2.jpg

chrome

That's after the second try. The guy gave me a tip to wait 3 hours after I mixed one chemical. They did'nt put that in the instructions It almost worked Some small areas came out. I had to clean the headlights twice and got bad results. Taped over everything and they look great. I think it's still in the test stages with the 2 for 1 spray bottles There right outside of LA Vernon I think.

Members online

No members online now.
Back