StainlessWorks Headers For Sale

By the way, no one has ever bought these for an ls here right? Did Quik buy some or make his own, I remember he ran some test on headers to see the gains.

Quik had some shorties made which is why he only saw a 5hp or something low increase, waste of time to do all the fab work and only make short tube headers.. 240sx rules all

is it going to lower the curve or will be more topend?

Generally long tubes are for more top end, but its a more overall type deal over manifolds and shorties. Long tubes provide extra scavenging as well.

Alax, being as you are tuned I suggest that you contact Ills and work with him on a new tune for the headers. With the torque curve moving it would be good to let the computer know as it wasn't calibrated to handle this issue. People can debate this but being as you are already tuned it cost you nothing extra(or shouldn't).

Also it would be nice to see what happens on the dyno, definitely pay the extra for wideband as this can help Ills better with his tuning. It will also make sure that you don't run lean as is possible with headers or to rich in cause the computer decides to try and dump fuel to compensate. I don't know much about this ECU so I don't know how it will react.

Nice score Alax,
I think you are one of the only people to have this mod!

Yeah, I dont think anybody has purchased a set of these for an ls yet.

Quik had some shorties made which is why he only saw a 5hp or something low increase, waste of time to do all the fab work and only make short tube headers.. 240sx rules all

Yeah, I remember them giving minial gains. Hopefully these will get better numbers

Alax, being as you are tuned I suggest that you contact Ills and work with him on a new tune for the headers. With the torque curve moving it would be good to let the computer know as it wasn't calibrated to handle this issue. People can debate this but being as you are already tuned it cost you nothing extra(or shouldn't).

Also it would be nice to see what happens on the dyno, definitely pay the extra for wideband as this can help Ills better with his tuning. It will also make sure that you don't run lean as is possible with headers or to rich in cause the computer decides to try and dump fuel to compensate. I don't know much about this ECU so I don't know how it will react.

I would, but I assume he's still too busy and not doing tunes again yet.Plus I can just get it dyno tuned here for 400 after I install the headers.

i would, but i assume he's still too busy and not doing tunes again yet.plus i can just get it dyno tuned here for 400 after i install the headers.

WHAT!!
That's all?? only $400, that's cheap for a dyno tune, and that's Downey CA if so that would be worth a drive for me once I get my stage 0 done.

So will you do a before headers with Ills tune, then with headers with Ills tune then a final dyno tune?

When I did the dyno run before and after the magnaflow exhaust, the guy told me 400. Thats cheap? Well alright then, even better. I dont know how they dyno tunes run but it didn't seem expensive and it's down the street from me. Yeah, it's downey california.

I'll get new plugs and coils and do a dyno run before headers with ILLS tune, after headers with ILLS, and nyno tune with headers.

Hey let me kow when you go so I can see them in action.

Dyno run cost 125 for 3 pulls, they gave me 3 before and 3 after though.
Dyno tune cost 400, they dyno it, change whatever they do when tuning the car, dyno it again to see how it went, change things a little more, dyno it again, squeeze some more power out of it, dyno it again and tune the tranny and whatever else they do. A full blown dyno tune, not just a duno run

Dyno run cost 125 for 3 pulls, they gave me 3 before and 3 after though.
Dyno tune cost 400, they dyno it, change whatever they do when tuning the car, dyno it again to see how it went, change things a little more, dyno it again, squeeze some more power out of it, dyno it again and tune the tranny and whatever else they do. A full blown dyno tune, not just a duno run

Sweet that's what I was excited about. I hear all the time people being charged close to $1000 for a dyno tune.

How long do you think it will take before you get the tune?

That's a pretty good price. The one I got for my SRT8 was 6 bills, down in Delaware not this ripoff city NYC.

Wow, a grand is a lot. Well now you got me even more excited! I'm not sure when I can get it done, I have some expenses coming up with school and all, plus I wanted to fix my tranny before droppig more money into performance.Maybe 2 months, for sure by december. You going to get one too?

Alax, 2010 is an expensive year for you it seems, haha. I am excited for your car to keep morphing!

Yeah, too expensive. It's cool though, I'm planning on keeping it for a while so I can enjoy all the stuff i've put into it

NYC, I didn't know you got headers, how much did you gain from them?

I didn't get headers lol I was just saying that when I had my SRT8 dyno tuned, it cost me 600 - and that's with an ECM that's more widely known than the LS, so 400 bucks is pretty damn good. My car only has high flow cats and a Corsa exhaust, no headers yet. Gonna wait until I do a heads/cam/re-tune...but that crap is like 7 grand all said and done. lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back