Spring Lock Coupler Tool

ToeCutter

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I misplaced my spring lock tool so I need to buy a new one in order to take off the fuel line going into the fuel rail...but I can't remember which size it was....I think it was a #8 (1/2 inch) but it might be a #10 (5/8 inch)

does anybody know what size I need ....Quik, Sully you out there

In a pinch, you can use a small flat head screwdriver and work the spring outward. I've had to do that before on my 87 when I couldn't find the proper tools because I have sh*t everywhere. I know it's not what you asked, but it's worth a shot.

You can get a set of these with about 5 sizes in the set for a few bucks. They are a plastic ring type tool that snaps over the line and you just push down on the connection. I have not seen them sell individual spring lock releases.

yeah - 1/2 blue... I have a Gen1 - not sure if it's different on Gen2

this is what I use:
715c7a6993355bef98cc4cd2f868ce19.jpg

yeah - 1/2 blue... I have a Gen1 - not sure if it's different on Gen2

this is what I use:
715c7a6993355bef98cc4cd2f868ce19.jpg

The service manual says 3/8" for gen II, but I don't know if that's correct.

thanx for the input guys...I measured the female fitting going into the fuel rail and it's 5/8" o.d....so I'm just going to fab something out of delrin in the shop with an i.d. of that with a bevel on the end to spread the spring...

I'll post up pictures of it when I'm done in case someone wants to diy..I know that they are not alot of money but I love to fabricate

thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the tool I fab'd up to take off the spring coupler...made it out of delrin(plastic) with an i.d. of 5/8ths and an o.d. of about .730" with a 15 degree bevel on the end....larger diameter on the back side so there was more surface area for my fingers to push against.....worked flawlessly

replaced the o-rings in the coupling with these aircraft quality ones from McMaster Carr....Fluorosilicone instead of Buna-N

http://www.mcmaster.com/#8333t123/=69u4rl

Members online

No members online now.
Back