Speeding teen in LS clocked at 150 mph w 5 people in car.

04SCTLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
May 19, 2008 01:03 PM
Precious Yutangco
STAFF REPORTER
A Barrie-area teenager’s license has been suspended after he was pulled over for driving 239 kilometres per hour in an 80-kilometre zone.
Huronia West OPP were on a routine patrol at 1:50 a.m. today when they saw a black 2000 Lincoln LS travelling north on Highway 26, north of Barrie. It was travelling 159 kilometres over the posted limit, OPP said.
The police gave chase and the car was pulled over on Belmont St. in the Village of Midhurst. There were four other people under the age of 18 in the car.

The Lincoln LS can be equipped with a V6 or V8 engine and can reach up to 225 kilometres per hour. OPP Sgt. Cam Woolley said that while companies advertise a speed capability, variables during and after the production can change the vehicle's top limit. He added that going down a hill can make a car exceed its advertised limitations.
Police would not comment on whether the car's engine had been altered.

A 17-year-old from Springwater township is charged with street racing, careless driving and failure to surrender his license. He will appear in Wasaga Beach Provincial court on June 17.
Under the new street racing legislation, the car has been seized and will be impounded for seven days. His license has been suspended.

He was going just under 150 mph (240kph) and just 1 km under 100 mph over the 50 mph (80kph) speed limit.

In Ontario now if you go 50 km or 30 miles over the speed limit and are caught the cops will impound your car for a week, suspend your license and fine you 2000-10,000.00 for a first offence.
For a second offence they'll possibly take your license for life.
On the highway like the QEW that translates into 92mph or higher.
Kinda really sucks!

Was that copied and pasted? Do you have a link?

Cool story.

thats nothing... I'm headed into ontario in two weeks keeps your eyes peeled!!!!!!!!!!!111 HAHAHAHAHHA J/K!

wait a second.... you can race the cop in ontario!!!!!!! thats awesome! just dont lose I guess! LOL

I tried racing the cops in my civic..... that guy was pretty quick for a guy on foot!

In Ontario you don't have to be racing anybody to be charged.
In typical law enforcement fashion racing has orwellianly been redefined as exceeding the speed limit by 50 km/h or more.
The law is pretty drastic and capricious as there aren't as many cops on the roads in Canada(Yay!) and everybody's doing 80-90 mph on the big highways anyways.

Talk about trampling over the will of the people who are demonstrating at what speed they're comfortable at.

In 2001 I was in a Jag S-Type V8 4.0 with 4 people and we hit 150MPH on the highway. The LS is basically the same thing.

back to the original post... I may not be too clear on this topic but he was saying that the consequences that you recieve in ontario really suck, but if i go 100mph over the limit on a 50mph road in the states.. correct me if im wrong but dont u get thrown in jail for X amount of time?

I just noticed the 5 people in the car..... if I were them I would BEAT HIS A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back to the original post... I may not be too clear on this topic but he was saying that the consequences that you recieve in ontario really suck, but if i go 100mph over the limit on a 50mph road in the states.. correct me if im wrong but dont u get thrown in jail for X amount of time?
Not necessarily. It can be written up as reckless driving, which could result in being hauled off to the stony lonesome, but it varies from state to state and municipality to municipality.

your correct... but you would need a big book to keep tabs on which state/municipality has jail time or not.....in driving threw about 35 of the states 7 months of the year i can tell you right now there is way less cops doing radar then in some parts of canada... just on my way home last month driving about 50 miles on the highway I say no lie 6 cops doing radar in that span and 1 cop on a tripod. id rather the ontario laws even with that 50km/h over limit for racing and rectless driving.. because up to 49km/s the points are only 4. In (new mexico) going 24 miles and hour over the limit is 8 points with a limit of 12 ( compared to 15 Ontario) and if you get 12 points in one year your license is suspended 1 YEAR. and in ontario the courts decide what you get.. so if its ur first offence you could even get away with 5 points compared to new mexico where its 8 automatically.

what is max speed for the stock 2000's? I had my V6 manual up to 130 and I thought it still had more to go. I woulda tried but I had to stop to change my pants...

btw, before I get yelled at, I wasn't on a public road...

Yea

I just noticed the 5 people in the car..... if I were them I would BEAT HIS A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, he's a stinkin idiot. Yourself is one thing, but it is life changing, when you injure other people.

one of my friends swore up and down my car wouldnt hit 160 mph so i hung with him 3 lanes over up to 160mph at 3am on the istate only 2 people on the road and ill never do it again cant aford to loose my lic anything over 100mph u can go to jail for it in nebraska becuse 100 over is willfull wreckless

I have had mine up to 147mph. Just a CAI. Nothing special. Still had pedal too. No telling how fast it might have gone.

Maybe he was trying to go back to the future, because gas prices are too high nowadays??

Members online

No members online now.
Back