Sometimes it's good to be bad

Exhaust will be coming - gonna do the Magnaflow Cat-back system on it (yeah, yeah - I know a bunch of you are gonna jump on that saying that I can do it cheaper just replacing mufflers, x-pipe, and tips but I want the entire kit and just do it myself.

I'll look into painting the keypad. I know XFord has done it on is '06. I'm assuming he just painted the black border around the buttons themselves. :shifty:

The big priority now is to get the angels in - and I don't want to do that until I get some HID's ordered (I've pretty much resolved that the OEM HID assemblies are only available in Never Never Land). That means I'll be one of the first to test the new China drop-shipment on the DDM's. :(

- ROAD TEST UPDATE -
I honestly expected the aftermarket wheels/tires to be worse on the LS than the stocker wheels with the Michelin Pilot Sport MX's. With the stockers, I would get a very slight vibration at around 90. I've took her up to 110 yesterday (great day for it here in MI) and she rode as smooth as glass. Not one hint of shake, shimmy, or vibration in the steering. I had only a small chunk of highway to work with that I knew was smooth and free of any patches, seam fills, and such, but it was a good 1/2 mile stretch. That made all of the research, checking, and second-guessing in going with these wheels/tires worth it.

It might be a mental thing, but I really do feel that the LS with these 19's and the V12's runs about the same as the 17" stockers and Michelins. I really can't detect it being more stiff or firm - even on bumps. Granted there's a decent amount of stiffness in just OEM equipment, and you'll get more when putting the Eibachs on. But I haven't noticed a huge difference in going to the 19's and the V12 tires. If there is a difference, I haven't been able to feel it yet.

Yea I felt a huge change, but I am on lower springs and a lot less tire. I don't regret it, though!

Lookin' Good!!! The 18'' Verde Kaos wheels I'm using look roughly the same. The only problem is that the chrome didn't last well and I have some corrosion spots. I'm intending to simply have them blasted to remove the corrosion and then have Bildabo (from this forum) powder-coat them in a matte-black.

KS

Exhaust will be coming .

Thank you....those cut out are screaming for some 4" tips!

That means I'll be one of the first to test the new China drop-shipment on the DDM's. :(.

WRONG, I'm gonna be the first!:p I've been waiting for a week now, and finally got a message about my order yesterday. 2-3 more weeks until it ships.

- ROAD TEST UPDATE -
It might be a mental thing, but I really do feel that the LS with these 19's and the V12's runs about the same as the 17" stockers and Michelins. I really can't detect it being more stiff or firm - even on bumps. Granted there's a decent amount of stiffness in just OEM equipment, and you'll get more when putting the Eibachs on. But I haven't noticed a huge difference in going to the 19's and the V12 tires. If there is a difference, I haven't been able to feel it yet.

I thought the same thing about my 20's, and I'm lowered on Eibachs.

Tru-Blu;793836 I'll look into painting the keypad. I know XFord has done it on is '06. I'm assuming he just painted the black border around the buttons themselves. :shifty: [/QUOTE said:
That's what I did. The stripe is gone.

colour matched key pad 001.jpg

colour matched key pad 002.jpg

Looks great, LS4me. I'm thinkin' I want to do that as well. How nasty is it to remove the piece? Do you have to pull and disconnect the entire assembly?

Looks great, LS4me. I'm thinkin' I want to do that as well. How nasty is it to remove the piece? Do you have to pull and disconnect the entire assembly?

I just taped it off really well and sprayed it. Well......... I did use primer and the other necessary preparations.

Members online

No members online now.
Back