Somebody stole my keys! How do i replace?

Well guys, a little good news. My dad called me and told me he will pull all of the lock cylinders ignition and SCIL for me, he doesnt know if the door or truck cylinders are good, but he will pull them for me.

Is there anything else i would need from him?

My list so for is:
Driver and pass door
trunk button
trunk lock
glovebox
and ignition switch along with the SCIL

Have you searched your home from top to bottom to make sure that the person didn't hide them from you? Like in the toilet tank or under your mattress, way up at the top of a cabinet, out in the yard... Unless they had some plans of coming back and getting in the car or driving it while you're sleeping, I don't see the point of taking the keys with them. You're about to go through more work than I think you realize and your dad is about to go through some too but not as much as you are.

i have literally taken apart everything in the house, i even moved all the furniture outside, all of it, to make sure they are not here. i Think his plan is/was to steal it. But i have made sure thats not gonna happen. (i Pulled the relays and unhooked the ECM)

And i understand the amount of work ahead of me, but without the ability to get cops involved, i cant do anything about it. I would do it myself, but cant afford legal problems.

How the heck does the ignition come out. I have the interlock cable off and the gold screw out on the bottom. And the torx screw on the bottom. Is there something I'm missing. Cause it'll move back and forth bout a quarter inch but no further. Almost like the plastic piece is holding it in. Thanks.

EDIT: Figured it out, it comes out by turning the key to run, and pushing in on the lock pin on the bottom. Since i couldnt do this, i just broke apart my key surround.

Sent from the depths of jellified Vivow hell.

Members online

No members online now.
Back