SOB, They wrecked my car

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I went to tire plus to get my tires rotated and balanced. They told me that they couldn't do it because the tires were worn out. So I had a pretty heated conversation because I just bought the tires and the are saying they can't rotate it. Well any ways I got my car an started to drive with my dad driving the town car right behind me.(brought two cars since I left the car over there)Well my dad noticed some thing on my rear tailight and told me to stop. There was a big dent. I am like WTF, So I went back too them after about thirty mintues or so. So They come out to look and we tell them that you guys did this and I want you to fix this. He's like I am not going to fix it cause I didn't do it and just walks out while I am still talking to him. I am like get the :q back here. I go follow him inside and he is like, Well first you want us to fix your tires and now you want us to fix your car. I am so :q en pissed at him by now. So I call the police. He said all I could do is wirte a report because I don't have proof. He wrote it down as a Hit and run. Well now I am stuck with a big hole in my back and I can't do anything about it. I don't know maybe they did it on purpose or it was an accident But its their fault that my car is like this know. Can't I sue them or something. This was the first time I left my car in the workshop alone and this sh!t happened.

So what do I do now and how much will it take to fix it?

DSC06544.JPG

Omer, get a lawyer and sue them , it's their responsilbilty to fix it don't let them get away with this, SUE THEM!!!

The car was ok when you took it there and when you left it was like that, something happened there at least talk to a lawyer about it and see if you can sue them!!!!!

mark the only problem i see is the 30 min you were away from the shop if im reading it right.they can claim you did it and then ran back to blame them.also i dont see a dent in the bumper so by appearance they backed it into something with an edge.my guess is they wacked it and then claimed you cant get it done to cover their tracks,using the tires as an excuse.even worn can be rotated.

also if you can put a penny in the tread and it covers to the top of ol abes head you are not worn out,tires usually have wear bars to show a worn tire.

aristo1963 said:
mark the only problem i see is the 30 min you were away from the shop if im reading it right.they can claim you did it and then ran back to blame them.also i dont see a dent in the bumper so by appearance they backed it into something with an edge.my guess is they wacked it and then claimed you cant get it done to cover their tracks,using the tires as an excuse.even worn can be rotated.

also if you can put a penny in the tread and it covers to the top of ol abes head you are not worn out,tires usually have wear bars to show a worn tire.
Yeah It was about 30-45 mins. See the worn out part is from the side not from the middle. They said that its not aligned right so that is why it did that. Yeah it does look like that it was hit on an edge or a tool wacked into it accidently. But any how, They should fix it if they damaged it But the bad thing is that I didn't see it when I first got the car from them. So they could think that I am trying to blame it on them because I took the car and then came back. BTW How much am I looking to fix this if they don't? remember the paint is tri coated too, (I think).

You can try to sue, but it wouldn't be worth getting a lawyer (unless you have one on retainer) because it's going to cost more for the lawyer then it would to fix. The piece you're referring to is replaceable outside of getting the whole fender replaced.

As for if you'd win if you did sue, very doubtful, as you have no proof, it's their word against yours. And when you sue, as the plaintiff, you hold the burden of proof.

I'd just suck this up, go somewhere respectable, get a quote for around $500 to repair and be happy.

i have decided that I am not going to sue but I will still talk to the lawyer about this.

mark0101 said:
i have decided that I am not going to sue but I will still talk to the lawyer about this.

The easiest thing to do is: get an estimate & go to the Court house and file a small claim against them, it'll cost about 25.00 to do this. Much cheaper than a lawyer & you can do it all yourself !!!

:I with cubster, small claims court is the way to go. Really sucks to hear this Omer, I hope everything works out in you're favor.

Is that piece easily removable? I ask because there is a 96 of the same color in a pick your part place I go to.

screw tires plus... i hate those bastards! they NEVER want to install parts that i bring over there. once they told me that they can't, i told them to go F themselves! they used to do installs for me, but then all of a sudden they stopped... pricks even screwed up my rear swaybar install too. bastards put in the end links the wrong way. when i had my car in the air to have a rotation i saw the bushings on the endlinks were lose while on the other side there were nice a snug tight.

pepperman said:
Scott, it looks like it might be easy to remove, but i am guessing!!

Atleast it's a small piece looks separate to the others so would be a minor fix so I guess thats some kind of good news

scott9050 said:
Is that piece easily removable? I ask because there is a 96 of the same color in a pick your part place I go to.
I think it would be hard because If i look through the hole, It looks like its welded to the other piece. I will ask around here to see how much will this take to fix it.

scott9050 said:
Hey I played around with it and I got the part out. I will tell you how to remove it by tonight(with PICS and all) and If you can get the part for me.
So just tell me if it is convenient for you to get the part.

How to

You need
vbpgimage.php
and a screw driver.

Ok First remove this by rotating it counter-clock wise.
vbpgimage.php

And then just pull it out so you can access the screws that are ho;ding the part.
vbpgimage.php

There will be Five screws holding the part. (One will be hiden under the cover, It is shown in the second pic)
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

There will be this glue stuff on the top of some screws, Take a screw driver and peal it off. Then lossen the screws by a wrench. use the 7/16 to take it off. (or how you feel like to take it off)

Looks like it will be mid to late next week, I have been busy as hell. I will keep you updated.

Finally found some time, I will be heading up there Wednesday and I will grab your part while I am there.

Late post, sorry.

I had a similar situaltion a couple of months ago. Just Tirea (read Good Year) rotated and balanced my tires, but after 4 hours in the shop they could not do it. No reason, just could not do it. So, like you I said why did it tek four hours ( I was only one in the shop when I brought the car in) to tell me. Dunnot tech is gone for the day. So off I go. Next am the car is on the ground - blown air system. So I call and they said oh well we didnt do it, because we didnt do anything to the car. We never lifted the car (not true I saw the car in the air). I also have greasy prints all over the tires. The manager said oh well they might have forgotton ( after I told the desk clerk 10x) to turn off the air ride - so sue us we will deny everything. I called my insurance for a tow and told the whole story. Not only did my insruance company cover the tow, rental car but the repair of the air ride and sued the place for me.
As just rewards the Insurance investigator found out the place was owned by Good Year, called their corporate office and found the manager never advised them of the damage (a must according to Good Year) and fired the Manager on the spot and the tech too (felt bad about the tech, not his fault he was not trained properly - this again was the Manager's fault). Not all ends well though the Tow driver (rollback) would not put the car on the truck - afraid to damage the body- so I had to drive it up. no problem. I even drove it off the truck. Still not a problem. Lincoln dealer ran the car so hard on the lift it dented both fenders. Sigh... at least they fixed via paintless dent rempvel - but took a month. The friggin dealer used Navagator lines that leaked so bad the car would drop 3 inches almost immedialty. sigh... I had to give them Eddie's phone and e-mail to get the line and connectors.

Oh well, I feel your pain.

Current Stable:
00 Stang vert - side pipes, super chip, CAI
98 LSC
96 Haulmark enclosed race trailer (going to eBay soon)
94 E-150 5.8l
65 T-Bird Coupe
65 T-Bird vert
64 Austin Healy 3000

Gone but not forgott'n:
95 Gen I Base
92 Merc Grand Marq -Police package...sigh
90 TC
85 T-Tbird Fila

Members online

Back