Which is better

• Gen 1

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Neither...

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
its all about what you want, i see gen 1's as more sporty looking, where i see gen 2's more sexy, the gen 2 interior far surpasses the gen 1's (quiet debi) the gen 2 has 2 cup holders vs the gen1's 1 (all this means you can spill 2 drinks vs one as they both suck) the gen 1's have big time headlight "reflection" issues, but gen 2 hid bulbs are now obsolete and used ones are going for $250-300 on ebay, the gen 2's have a cruse light :headbang: 93 & 94 were fastest stock but all pre 98 trannys suck, so yea get for what you like and build it to do what you want

I prefer the gen 1 for these reasons: 1. Dirt cheap. 2. Less technology (so, in theory less to fix) 3. Abit lighter 4. Abit faster 5. Shark like front 6. Interesting color combinations (like blue exterior/blue interior! :) ) 7. It has been said that the gen 1 style intake manifold is a better design (Ok im clutching at straws now) Lol. Anyway, entirely your choice and personal preference!

Gen I.... Gen I.... Gen I....

Really doesn't matter.... 98's have the best tranny, 93's the solid drive shaft and suppose to be the fasted.. 94's as fast as the 93's but with more bugs out. 95.5's HID's.... 96 transition year... 97 more tech and cushy comfort.

Personally I'd like a 94 with a 93 drive shaft and a 98 tranny...

Oh and the extra cup holder would be nice... LOL...

I like the gen 2's because they have a better looking front end and they have the sweet tail light. But in the end its just all a matter of what you want.

light.jpg

I chose the gen2 b/c I thought it looked better,and the tranny is a bit stronger. Although I like the gen1 center console better.

I like the gen 2's because they have a better looking front end and they have the sweet tail light. But in the end its just all a matter of what you want.

Tail light yes (if it's working) but better looking front end... well I guess if you are over 90 and driving a Town Car...:p :D

Even the Great chickenman knows the Gen I's have the more agressive sleeker front end.

it depend on what you want like chiken said the gen 1 is more sporty and has a more modd able outside. but the gen 2 stock does look nicer and has better lights and looks more luxaryous

I prefer the Gen II's interior and rear fascia. I do like the radio surround piece on the 95-96s, though. I think the 97-98 nose is a little clumsy looking when viewed from an angle because of the large wrap around crystalline headlamps.

Overall, I think they are all nice looking cars - I'd just wait until you find one that feels right to you and buy it! That's how I found mine :)

Gen 1 all the way! Looks much meaner! The front of the Gen 2 is not my cup of tea. Which ever you choose, I'm sure you will have your little issues but you will also love it!!!

I like the Gen 1's better. I've never owned a Gen 2, so some of my reasons are based on what I've read about them. I have driven them though.

I like the Gen 1 styling better.
I like the Gen 1 traction assist better than the Gen 2 traction control.
I like the simpler Gen 1 message center but I do like some of the extra functions in the Gen 2.
I like the Gen 1 manual control steering column (Gen 2 can have some serious problems).
I like the Gen 1 (93, 94, 95) OBD I system for ease of diagnostics (I don't have an expensive scan tool but I do have a peice of wire:) )
I like the Gen 1 intake manifold and engine cover, I just think the engine compartment looks better (when stock).
I do like the 98 transmission and neon trunk light though.

Gen 2 for me.
Gen 2 better trans, more under hood space, better headlights, cool stern, dual exhaust and monochrome grill.(Especially in black but I'm prejudiced).End of the road.
Gen 1 sleeker, simpler, more after market parts for them, the car that started it all.:L It may be a love hate relationship with our cars, but it is obviously more love or we wouldn't be here now.

I took my 94, made it monochromatic, used a 98 interior (seats and door panels), 96 LSC head lights, 93 drive shaft, 98 built tranny, 96 HVAC, 96 wheels, 93 door sill plates and so on and so on, take the body that you like and use the best from other years

I chose 94 because it's a gen one body and I like the single den dash. I just have to do it all again now.

Tail light yes (if it's working) but better looking front end... well I guess if you are over 90 and driving a Town Car...:p :D

Even the Great chickenman knows the Gen I's have the more agressive sleeker front end.

IDK, you opinion is what you feel. I just like the single color grill and the way the head lights wrap around. the gen 1's are too squinty.

I feel as though you should not be able to vote in this thread unless you have owned both generations. gen 2 is superior in most ways although I will always have a soft spot for the gen 1's as well.

I feel as though you should not be able to vote in this thread unless you have owned both generations.
+1
I would pick a gen II over a Gen I in a heart beat if only the Gen II were as fast. When you sit in a Gen II, you feel like your sitting in a 2006 car.

Cadillac Eldorado. :D

Sorry, had to.

Interior, no question, goes to the Gen 2. The exterior styling is subjective, I personally prefer the Gen 2 by a small margin. I got a good friend of mine into a Gen 2, and now I'm jealous (well sorta, at least I can smoke him in my TBird SC.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back