Snow SUCKS!!!!!!!

I don't know where you got that impression.

Well, the four years that i owned the same year Trans Am is what gave me that impression. I noticed its an SS so its got a slightly different suspension than a stock Z28/TA, but i remember its cornering being alittle sub-par for a "sports car". Not saying it was bad, but i think the weight distribution wasnt ideal, definately wasnt a nimble car and you felt all its weight when driving. Perhaps the mods done to your SS have improved those issues, but if you ask me the LS handles way better than my TA did, the LS isnt as fast but drives better for sure.

i hope nobody minds i post these on here i just found them on my parents computer and couldnt resist showing them to someone even though its not an LS.

speakerbox.jpg

tib by garage.jpg

Well, the four years that i owned the same year Trans Am is what gave me that impression. I noticed its an SS so its got a slightly different suspension than a stock Z28/TA, but i remember its cornering being alittle sub-par for a "sports car". Not saying it was bad, but i think the weight distribution wasnt ideal, definately wasnt a nimble car and you felt all its weight when driving. Perhaps the mods done to your SS have improved those issues, but if you ask me the LS handles way better than my TA did, the LS isnt as fast but drives better for sure.

I just put the 69 style SS Badges on :eek:
The skirt kit came on RS models so it's double :eek::eek::D
One of my early mods was putting thicker swaybars and Bilstiens so between that and it being a vert maybe that made the difference.
It's a heavy car about the same as the LS but with the extra power it just flies like a bike especially with the M6.
The LS is a smoother quieter more sophisticated car but it won't do a blast the way the Camaro does.:p
I can push my Camaro further into turns than the LS before it starts to lose handling traction.
My LS is my daily driver 20k miles a year but the Camaro I put 3000-4000 miles on in the summer cruising with the top down.

Yeah. Its a little late in the thread. I read it when pics of 04SCTLS posted pics. It took longer than I expected to find the pics. I figured we lost them when an old computer crashed. I was shocked to find them , so I put them up anyways ! I miss that system.

Yeah. Its a little late in the thread. I read it when pics of 04SCTLS posted pics. It took longer than I expected to find the pics. I figured we lost them when an old computer crashed. I was shocked to find them , so I put them up anyways ! I miss that system.

You could get some girls to sit on that for some real bass fun :D:D:p

Why do you think I had em?! Nah Lol ! A Tiburon is such a small car and untill it fell apart that car shook everything !! I just had it through high school to be a show off.

I got my first ls as a senior ! Don't ya love it ! Everyone laughed when I sold the Tib and said I was moving up to an LS. Well ... Laughing only makes you look bad in the end ! I now have 1.3 LSs ! Lol

I got my first ls as a senior ! Don't ya love it ! Everyone laughed when I sold the Tib and said I was moving up to an LS. Well ... Laughing only makes you look bad in the end ! I now have 1.3 LSs ! Lol

ok i know its rude or inappropriate to ask, but how old are you? i figured you for an older woman, but since youre talking about highschool you have me confused lol

Oh and getting back on topic, my car did great this season with Blizzaks LM60s. I had no problem in snow, no matter how deep. But ice is a different story.

i hope nobody minds i post these on here i just found them on my parents computer and couldnt resist showing them to someone even though its not an LS.

Holy spoiler Batman!! Did you need a pilot license to drive that thing?

I just put the 69 style SS Badges on :eek:
The skirt kit came on RS models so it's double :eek::eek::D
One of my early mods was putting thicker swaybars and Bilstiens so between that and it being a vert maybe that made the difference.
It's a heavy car about the same as the LS but with the extra power it just flies like a bike especially with the M6.
The LS is a smoother quieter more sophisticated car but it won't do a blast the way the Camaro does.:p
I can push my Camaro further into turns than the LS before it starts to lose handling traction.
My LS is my daily driver 20k miles a year but the Camaro I put 3000-4000 miles on in the summer cruising with the top down.
Yeah, alittle closer look i would have noticed the RS ground effects. Most of the front bumper spoilers on the RS's that i've seen are usually beat to hell, but i liked the look.

No doubt the M6 is fun, 6th gear is pretty useless but i dont think i ever looked at the tach to shift in my TA, would shift on engine sound. It may be close to the same weight as the LS but the distribution is way better in the LS.

If those LT1/LS1 werent so impossible to work on i'd love to have another just to play with.

Holy spoiler Batman!! Did you need a pilot license to drive that thing?
LMFAO ! Nope the spoiler added so much weight I got my CDL! No really , looking back on it that thing is huge ! Looks funny. I was soooo coool ! :rolleyes:

ok i know its rude or inappropriate to ask, but how old are you? i figured you for an older woman, but since youre talking about highschool you have me confused lol.

I guess I'm young enough to not get offended by you asking ! I'm 26. So depending on your age I'm not that old. Still like 10 years older than Fast ! Lol
:D

Yeah, alittle closer look i would have noticed the RS ground effects. Most of the front bumper spoilers on the RS's that i've seen are usually beat to hell, but i liked the look.

No doubt the M6 is fun, 6th gear is pretty useless but i dont think i ever looked at the tach to shift in my TA, would shift on engine sound. It may be close to the same weight as the LS but the distribution is way better in the LS.

If those LT1/LS1 werent so impossible to work on i'd love to have another just to play with.

A lower center of gravity in the Camaro compensates for the better weight distribution of the LS.
Getting into the Camaro I feel like I'm sitting between the wheels instead of on top of them.
With 3.73 gears 6th is actually a good gear for highway cruising 2000 rpm at 75.
Having a lift helps a lot working on the car but it is a hard car to work on.
I changed out the opti the last time it took me about 3 hours with the lift.
If I didn't have a master mechanic down the street who races an alcohol funny car as his latest thrill ride and actually likes working on it I would have sold it in 2005 when I wore out the 350 with the powerdyne 6 lbs of boost on a 100k motor.
But now that I can afford these toys I pay him to do most of my mods like putting in the M6 in place of tha A4 and re and re ing the 350/383 :p

Glad to see I'm not the youngest one around ! I'm young enough to still be a whippersnapper ,to old rto be a heathen !

dammm i regret not letting you drive all the way down here to pick up the wheels :D

i would love to meet a female LS owner

I bet you are ! See .. You done missed out ! isn't there a meet up in the works aside from Boscobel ? If there isn't I'm going to open the house for a Labor day LS meet.

Fast , this is the first I've heard of Panthers. I have a few friends that are either dating and / or married to younger men / boys. Haha. I'm not into youngins ! Sorry

Members online

Back