-Sinkin Lincoln-

Eddie,
went out for a quick midnite ride with the switch off. The check sus. light glowed steady. heard some scraping, although wasnt bottomed. Put the switch on, drove the mile home, no prob. no scrape, no light, hmmm. parked in driveway until further instructions. the difference in height may be less than an inch-thats within specs?

i had the same problem with the front end of my car not that that has any thing to do with your question on damage to the rear end but i would say if your not planing on racing the car the best bang for your buck would be to use the coils just make sure your shock are goo in the rear cause you dont really notice them with the bags but if they are bad once you put on the coils youll have nothing but bounce we all know the bags blow contently but the spring last for a good while i got my front springs for 150 new off of ebay now the reason i said not to do it if your going to race it alote is because the bags do a great job of keeping you weels on the ground ive never done a bag switch over before this and i only took a couple hours for the front be about the same for just the rear - vii deadly sins

HOT ROD LCN said:
Eddie,
went out for a quick midnite ride with the switch off. The check sus. light glowed steady. heard some scraping, although wasnt bottomed. Put the switch on, drove the mile home, no prob. no scrape, no light, hmmm. parked in driveway until further instructions. the difference in height may be less than an inch-thats within specs?

The light will be on anytime while driving with the switch turned off. I'd be more interested in the height AFTER it has sat over night with the switch off. Ford considers "1/2 inch or less" to be within specs.

When you heard the scraping, was the car down on one corner?

Hey Eddie,
The car somehow levelled out! turned off switch let it sit overnight, measured from middle off wheel well to ground- its fine! thanks for all your help! your the Man!-

Way long overdue, Strutmasters was very helpful, priced well, VG customer service and delivered the goods as promised . The only gripe at all is the grainy, dark pictures in the instructions.

i'm getting ready too put coils in my mark vii. which kit is better as afar as install ease and such, arnott or strut masters? any extra helps or hints will be appreciated

strutmasters is cheaper, arnotts have a machined perch.
both install the same.
not a lot of difference in the kits and i think the springs are identical. like, made at the same place.

pm me if you have questions about the install.

think im going with arnotts because of the perches just looks easier,but any tips or trouble im gonna run into will be appreciated.thanks

hey thanks but....... i already ordered from arnott. be here tomorrow figures as soon as i order a lower price comes along lol

all done

i got my coils in,man that really was easy. rides the same as before and looks the same .here are some pics.. i think you can tell the before from the after.lol

rear bags changed

Just had my rear bags changed today and boy am i happy ** 88 LSC change the rear bags and you will be glad you did. I also changed the solinoids as wells now i know i spelled that incorrect but you know what i mean. lol good luck with your car.:D

My Mum had the shock thingies replaced within the last ten years. She is now in a nursing home and I have the car. It is a 1992 Golden Bear SigEd with 184K on it but motor was replaced at @125K. It is a pleasure to hit bumps in the road or wavy pavement. The original shock thingies were buggy but the new style are much improved. Also, your spelling of Solenoid was not too far off. You could have typed 'Ceneloid' which would have threatened to end our budding friendship before it began.

Dave

IMG_20150328_134702_610.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Back