Silly me...wheel well question?

LSVIPDEMON

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I posted this in another forum but I got yelled at, sorry.

Dose anyone think its wise to remove the shield in the front wheel well?

I got a few reasons why it should go ( for my interests) but I know it will expose a few things pluss I live In PA where it has ever so changing wheather conditions.

Will it bring in more air or let more escape from the front through the hole near the air filter on the wheel well and around the susspension?

And do you typically need the washer fluid to pass inspection. The canister is one of the items that will get exposed and may get hit by my wheel or even some debry.

It will allow alot of trash, dirt, etc. to go in places the wheel well is supposed to protect. engine, suspension, front door jams will be coated with junk. Dirty means more wear and tear. You would be surprised on how much these actually protect some components of your car. Also have your fuel filter and some other items that are mounted in your wheel wells.

Im talking about the plastic piece, it comes in two halfs and I kinda need to take off the front half it is still protected by the metal till you get closer to the bumper, its just that hole and some space around the susspension there are also wires and stuff but I might find a way to reroute these . But every opinion counts, thats what Im looking for anyways. The front half actually dosent seem to get that dirty at all but I know there is some big crap on the road, it seems as if most of the grime and dust gets on the rear half.

I know for some cars this is needed for some kits and other ext mods like wheels wich is my prob but dose anyone have any ideas on how to take it off and protect only what is needed?

I wasn't yelling at you, I was just letting you know you wouldn't get much response in that forum. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure you can get that modded, I'm not 100% sure, but ask around, go to a local body shop and see what they can do. If I'm not mistaken, your tires are rubbing against it right? If so, I think they can modify it.

I was beeing funny......

I just put it there cause I know that more people that can help frequent that forum more offten than this,pluss there are some issues posted in that forum involving weight and aerodynamics. I just wish I knew why it all of asuden started rubbing. The susspension is fine but I think Im going to try an allignment before I keep it out, I took it out to see what the deal with it is so far but Ill be putting it back in after the allignment. I just had the controlle arm and sway bar and all that stuff fixed about a month ago ( another problem you willl exp. like the ones I PMed you about) now Im getting a squeek like everybody else is starting to report from what seems the power steering. I wonder if its not the PS and it might be related to the rubbing. Of course the dealer blames it on the 20"s but they are within the overall rolling diameter's 4% that they recomend you not go over, I think they are only 2% over in width and diameter, not much at all.

it is important that you keep the plastic liners in the wheel wells - we have aluminum fenders - and they do not resist rocks like steel fenders do...

many race cars with aluminum fenders actually 'rhino' line the inside of the wheel wells to prevent the rocks from causing the paint to 'star' on the impact spots where rocks hit on the inside at 60mph...

Thanks Quick, can I rhino line this incase it turns out my allignments good and there is no reason found for the rubbing?

sure - you still have to watch out for the fuel lines and filter....

WTH is this fuel filter crap. Man I hate when ppl rip you off I was told by the dealership it was in the tank when I said I can pick up a chilton and do it myself. Any diagrams as to where this filter and its lines are, I didnt notice any when I took the plastic off and took a quick look.

Members online

Back