Sifrino Will Not Start!

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got to take her in today to get her header bolts torqued and to have my check up done on my gears. (warranty) But the car will not start. I installed a fuel gauge when I installed the regulator and it says there is no fuel preasure. (0 PSI) It smells like gas. But there is no leaks that I see!

My fuel pump has been struggling! It has been making a noise. When you first turn on the car. Into start position. Not all the way on and it is still making that noise. But like I said it has a smell of gas!

I have to be to work in one hour. I can get the car to start up for a second. But not much longer!

:frown: I will try to order all flags at half mast today. :frown:​
Sorry to hear of your sorrow. But there are good Dr.s out there now days and most problems can be cured.

Hopefully its nothing serious. I think its the fuel pump. Bcoz I would take a race at a light. And when it shifts around 60mph. It would seriously drop half power.

Could it be the fuel pressure regulator? Just a shot in the dark, as I haven't messed with one on a Mark.

JoshMcMadMac said:
Could it be the fuel pressure regulator? Just a shot in the dark, as I haven't messed with one on a Mark.
How many miles on your mark? I thought I heard that the crank sensor would also cause the car not to start. I'm just mentioning this because you say you smell fuel. Do you have a gauge on it to see what pressure is in the fuel rail?

Ever tried removing the vacuum line to see if the pressure changes?

Yeah, there is a gauge connected at all times to the fuel rail. The regulator is brand new. (Its adj!) Its not the chip! I dunno, we got it to the shop. That is that! Only the second time my Linc hasn't been able to get me where I wanted to be. First time. My 84' LSC ovr cst blew a coolant hose and now this time! But I knew I should have changed out that pump a long time ago. I really do think its the pump!

Didn't get to work and my girl is nervous bcoz today is the day we find out if its a boy or girl! 3:30pm what a wait huh!

Im praying its just the pump. With all the money flying around right now. For the wedding and what not. I can't spend to much on this problem. Its a clean car. So, its not to hard to find the problem. Plus, since I know everything I replaced and everything I replaced, I replaced with new parts. It shouldn't be that hard!

Also, since there is no psi on the gauge and the regulator is brand new. It only can be the pump. And since I have been saying this has been a problem. I knew sooner or later it was going to leave me stuck. So, its more my fault and not the cars. It has gave me signs for some time!

Sifrino3 said:
That is not how it is. I just didn't plan on spending the money on Sifrino for a little while.
And she doesn't like it! You went and pissed her off, now you are going to have to appologize. ;)

No, we are going to race her on our honey moon! Its just one day! ! ! She will have the other six days to do what ever. But I get my day of racing!

Just a question...

Manifold Spacer
CAI, 70mm TB/EGR
1700 c.c. Electric Fan
Mac Titanium Red Pulley's
Mac Adj Fuel Regulator
FMS 9mm Wires/MSD Coil
Jet Performance Module/chip
Optima Red Battery/Hold Down
Mac HTS Coated 1 5/8" Headers
Full 2.50" Xhaust, X Into Flowmaster
Eagle 17x9", 245/45 Essenze Tires
FMS 3.73 Gears

All that and no HiPo fuel pump? :ban:

As much as I wanted it to be the fuel pump. A line blew off the tank! What the hell do you mean. The line just blew off. How does this happen! Come on! There was no sign of leaking! But I guessed that line saved me some money. . . Still gotta get that fuel pump fixed.

What does the stock pump flow?
What performance pumps are out there?
What Brand? Does it matter?

I think the stock pump is 90 or so, and you can get performance pumps that run 255. Very common with the Mustangs.

Members online

Back