should I trade the 8 for a Roush F-150?

playboy4aday

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well guys I have a question. My good friend just got laid off from work and now he is all on me about my mark viii. He wants to trade me his 99 roush f150 extended cab with vortec super charger for my lincoln and me give him 2500 bux. The truck has less miles and he said he was going to put new nitto 555s on the front before we swap if I wanted. The truck has leather interior, new exhaust, lower gears (size ?), bed rug, painted bed cover and it has new brakes, a-arms with ball joints etc. The only problem is drivers seat back will not recline (something is stuck) and it has a torn spot in the driver seat as well. what should I do?
Here is my car.
2is9r9v.jpg

I dont have any of the truck but its a stock Roush F150 Red no dents or dings just a lil road rash on the front fascia from it being such a low truck. I will try to get pics of it this week.

idk that's a hard call depends how much you love your mark (witch is bad@ss BTW) as nice as you mark is you could probably not sell it for more then 4G's if that depending on the miles. the 150 you could probably sell for 10G's if i had to guess again depending on the miles don't really know though, so if you want to make some quick cash you could try taking the truck and selling it. i think i would keep your mark though that thing is clean as hell and looks real nice Mark VIII FTW!!

I wouldn't, but, if what the guy above me says is true, then do the swap, sell the truck and wait a while for the guy to get bored with the Mark and buy it back again for less - you'll be $$$ up! Lol.

the only way i would trade is to sell the truck for more money and then buy another mark or something else, dont trade then run the truck into the ground

Yeah the truck is valued a lot higher than my car is. He was going to trade the truck in and they offered him 9000 on trade, but he loves his truck like I love my 8.

Heres the thing I keep thinking about he owes 3200 on it and he is willing to take my car and 2500 so that seems completely fair. He also lives a 1/4 mile from me so I can go get my car and drive it any time I wanted and vice versa. He said he didnt want to have to let the truck go but he has 3 kids and a new house so something has to give, plus he said of everybody he new I would be the only one he trusted with the truck because I wouldnt ruin it. We also agreed not to sell either ride unless we offered first dibs back to each other, that is if we were to do it.

Trade, then switch cars when ever you get tired of driving it.

Last edited:
Hmm.. Now that you mention that he owes $3200 on it, doesn't sound like such a good trade...

You give him your Mark with a value of roughly: $4000 - $5000K

You give him: $2500

Plus, you have to pay $3200

That adds up to over the trucks value - forget it unless you actually want the truck.

Hmm.. Now that you mention that he owes $3200 on it, doesn't sound like such a good trade...

You give him your Mark with a value of roughly: $4000 - $5000K

You give him: $2500

Plus, you have to pay $3200

That adds up to over the trucks value - forget it unless you actually want the truck.

OK I see there is some confusion here guys. He owes 3200, I give my car and 2500 and its a done deal. He pays the rest of the truck off and puts new tires on the front.
Hopefully that clears up stuff.;)

Ah, ok.

So, basically you'll be getting roughly $9000 worth of truck for roughly $6500 - $7500 (value of Mark plus $2500)

That doesn't sound too bad, although I would sell the truck and try to make sure I was $$$ up, then maybe buy the car back down the road, or find another Mark.

i would do it, but DO NOT give him any money at all until he has a clear title in hand.

I dont have to worry about that I have known this guy since he was 8 years old and our families hang out every weekend. He is like my lil brother. Truth be know I would give him the money to pay the truck off and let him pay me back later but he is like me and has too much pride.

i see were you are coming from playbay i would not really want to trade for my best friends truck then sell it just to make a quick profit i would feel kinda like a tool and would be kinda pissed if my friend did that to me. just though i would suggest the idea lol. then i guess it comes down to what you want the truck or you car are you getting bored of the mark? you are the only one here who has driven both so you are the one who knows witch one you like best. or if he really want a mark and you want to keep yours tell him to go sell it or trade it in for the 9G's and to buy a mark and you will help him mod it that would be fun.

The bad thing is I swore if I ever got another tbird or mark that I would not get rid of it and here I am I havent had the car a year. The big kicker is his truck is faster and nicer than the mark (please dont hit me for saying that) and has a lot of potential as far as things I could do to it. My ole lady dosent like my car but she knows how much I do so she is wanting me to keep the car but she likes ford trucks (thats why I keep her) and this would be a way I could have a vehicle that I could fix up with out a lot of bitching LOL. ;)

Faster? Sure!

Nicer? No way!

The 5.4 isn't even a particularly good engine.

Members online

Back