Shock options

Just called teamfordparts, they said they can have them from ford tomorrow and that they r correct parts numbers. I dont know, I wanna make sure, u said u bought them but they shipped out front euros, rear sports??

I guess we need to get some things hammered out about these shocks. The original Euro rear shocks were superseded by another number. According to Ford the new part number shocks offer the same ride as the old part number. I can only go on what Ford tells me when we order them. Part numbers are:

V8 Front: 1W4Z-18124-FA
V8 Rear: 5U2Z-18V125-VA (old number: XW4Z-18125-CA)

V6 Front: 1W4Z-18124-EA
V6 Rear: 5U2Z-18V125-VA (old number: XW4Z-18125-CA)

If you notice the V6/V8 rear shocks are the same number now. The 1W4Z and 5U2Z are available through Ford.

Also, I know everyone is trying to get a great deal but we offer competitive prices. We have a monthly special this month that is located on our website. Also, if you are an LvC Gold Member you get 10% off all prices on our website.

So, try and support the forum vendors when possible. I know we appreciate the business and the others will to.

So, try and support the forum vendors when possible. I know we appreciate the business and the others will to.

How much for all 4 of them shipped? I check the website but this months special does not apply for shocks, am I wrong?

There is a 5% discount on purchases of 100 or more. Code is holiday0509. Its on the left side at the bottom

Does anyone know why when trying to order the struts they have from 99-00 or 00-04?
How do I find out which ones I need?? I know the car is a 00 but..

KYB has shocks for the LS also on a few sites they state Rancho Suspention has LS shocks. They are local so I will give them a call and post up.

There are a couple of brands, but to me OEM is our best option.

I sent an email to parts.com and here is the answer:

"Hello, 5U2Z-18V125-VA is available. However, 1W4Z-18124-EA is discontinued and no longer available. Thank you"

what about the bilstein's? or what model jaguar should i look for at jy's so i can compare the shocks.

KYB has shocks for the LS also on a few sites they state Rancho Suspention has LS shocks. They are local so I will give them a call and post up.

first I ever heard of of this. The only aftermarket shock are Monroe - since they were the OE on the LS for Ford. The Monroe replacement does not have the same valving that the OE has - and offers a much softer ride.

I've seen those KYB shocks on ebay and other vendor sites, but like everyones already said, OEM is the way to go.

After research by research by research by research, I was driving my car,thinking about if buying sports shocks or euros, I pass by a ford dealer and thought -let me just ask.. I ended up ordering all 4 euro shocks at a local ford dealer for $347. Still, who knows if they r true euros or not but w/e, euros or sports r my best option so far so f**k it. One day I will have full adjustable coil overs. :D

Nice spontaneous purchase.

I do that too. Just not with shocks. Normally it's either photography or detailing stuff.

My last visit to a detailing supply site cost me $250 lol.

I just got these part numbers at a Ford dealer for performance shocks,
5U2Z-18V125-VA
5U2Z-18V124-H
after asking for Euro shocks for my LS.

I finally have the money to buy them and now Im worried about not getting the right part even at the dealer.

Members online

Back