Shock options

NickT88LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Without me going through countless post, I dont think there has yet to be another option for shocks for our LS's beside stock ones. I emailed Koni, Tokico, Bilstein and I forget who else, only got a response from Tokico since emailing 3 days. I am getting tired of the front suspension bottoming because of not enough travel since the car has been lowered when you hit a decent bump, nothing outragious, just like a raised lip or something, really anoying, and I like the car lowered. Here is Tokico's response, so if you guys have any interest contact them, see below

Hi Nick,

Thank you for contacting Tokico Performance Shocks. Unfortunately, we have not developed aftermarket suspension parts for the LS at this time. But this does not mean it will never be developed. I will log your request and when there's significant interest, we will look into product development.

Thanks for keeping us in mind,
David

Nobody??? Here is response # 2

I’m sorry, but be will not be making any product for your application. We appreciate you checking with us and make sure you check back with for any future projects you may be working on. Thank You.

For more accurate service, please include this e-mail with your reply.

Thankyou

Drew Oliver

Sr. Sales/Customer Service

Hotchkis Performance

+:12035 Burke St. Suite 13

Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

( : 562.907.7757 ext. 226

* : doliver@hotchkis.net

:: www.hotchkis.net

Isn't there anything that is close due to the fact the LS platform is so similar to other Ford/Jag models?

no but the ford ones are pretty damn good from what i hear. i confirmed that i have all 4 euro (performance) shocks and I will let you know what I think once I install them. I currently have the sport shocks (middle of the road performance) and they are pretty firm for oem equipment. they are really nice when coupled with the eibach springs. euro's matched with eibach's should be plenty ample for performance, and they come in a lot cheaper than a bilstein would.
(i also have the sport sway bar)

He has told me before and i don't recall.

Besides, stock shocks were not meant for lowering springs anyway. They're not valved correctly unless used in a stock application.

does he give a reason?

Like stated above, they dont have enough travel in the suspension and bottom on certain type of bumps, bang, really anoying. When I first put the Euro ones in it was better, but once after about 5000 miles same way. I verified and reverified part numbers before and after installation to be sure I ordered/received the correct ones.

So, what are most people with the Eibach springs using for shocks? Just the stock sport shocks?

Like stated above, they dont have enough travel in the suspension and bottom on certain type of bumps, bang, really anoying. When I first put the Euro ones in it was better, but once after about 5000 miles same way. I verified and reverified part numbers before and after installation to be sure I ordered/received the correct ones.

I also cut down the bump stop 1 3/4 inches when I replaced them, previously when I installed the springs I cut the bump stops 1 1/4

thats odd. i never bottom the suspension. with 4 people in the car, and going slow into driveways (like the one in my avatar), sometimes the car bottoms on the ground, but barely. i only cut 1 inch off the bushing.
all and all, i have no complaints right now. the sport shocks have 90k on them so they are overdue, and the springs have about 5k. euro's should be a nice little step up without breaking the bank, or shaking fillings out.

thats odd. i never bottom the suspension. with 4 people in the car, and going slow into driveways (like the one in my avatar), sometimes the car bottoms on the ground, but barely. i only cut 1 inch off the bushing.
all and all, i have no complaints right now. the sport shocks have 90k on them so they are overdue, and the springs have about 5k. euro's should be a nice little step up without breaking the bank, or shaking fillings out.

Where do you live??? Cause if your roads are decently smooth you are ok, here in NY that is a diff. story. I dont bottom the suspension going slow in driveways either, I am not sure you understand what I am experiencing, at 40 MPH and above and hi a decent pothole or raise in the road it happens.

Monroe has a after market shock but it is best described as no shock at all.

Some have switch to the Euro OEM and did not like them for they found them to be to firm for daily driver and switch back to Sport.

If you go from standard to Euro or Sport, you might want to change sway bars to match performance, same sway bars for Sport and Euro.

Where do you live??? Cause if your roads are decently smooth you are ok, here in NY that is a diff. story. I dont bottom the suspension going slow in driveways either, I am not sure you understand what I am experiencing, at 40 MPH and above and hi a decent pothole or raise in the road it happens.

i got ya. there is a set of 2 long bumps on 128 (i live just north of boston ma.) and they get the car going just perfect where you feel it bottom the suspension or at least come close. it still feels fine even in that case though. maybe you need more length left on your bushings. i know what your roads are like- yeah i wouldnt even lower my car if i lived there. they're not great here either, but nothing like your area. i'd be nervous with a 35 series tire. its a short ride to work, and a longer but smooth ride to my family's area so i dont mind having a little extra firmness if it means improving the already nice handling.

I've had the Eibach's and Euros for a couple of years now and the feel of the road is more precise but the ride is harsher (the roads are pretty smooth around here, not often that suspension bottoms out, but it does happen). With the bigger sway bars in the V6 sport the handling is about as good as it gets without fabricating custom parts like the shock tower braceing that quick has.

Anyone know what the colored dot should be for the Euro shock and where it is located??? I have verified I had the correct springs also, noticed there were 2 listings on Sprints website, 6 and 8 cyl, so I have the correct ones. I emailed Ken at LS Koncepts but have not got a response yet. I gotta firm the front of this car up somehow, hopefully I got the wrong shocks somehow, but the part numbers on the order and the boxes were correct, unless they were boxed wrong????

Ive been digging up some stuff here and there on suspension lately. I could have swore I read that the Euros were thought to be a good match but in the end the Sport was better.

Bilsteins?

I thought that I would resurect this thread. I see that Bilstein is now listing both HD and Sport shocks for the Jaguar "S". Does anyone know why these shocks would not fit the LS or even the T-Bird for that matter?

One of Bilstein's vendors says that they are similar but not similar enough to use on the LS or T-Bird. I wish I knew exactly how similar and if they could be modified to fit.

One of Bilstein's vendors says that they are similar but not similar enough to use on the LS or T-Bird. I wish I knew exactly how similar and if they could be modified to fit.

And what the heck does that mean??? I wish someone could give some exact answers, because if the lower mount is the same or "similar" then that end could maybe work or be modified to work in our cars. If the top will accept our strut mounts or be "similar" to be modified to work, but I cant get no straight answers. If I had some money laying around I would just buy them and see for myself since no one will give a good answer. Pisses me off!!!!!

Members online

Back