Sho> iroc-z

Meh. I ment enough power to hang with a stock SN95 NA Cobra. :p

Sorry. I meant WRONGwhp! Your rear wheels ain't got no power! :D

But seriously, 300hp is a pile o' power going through those front wheels. I've never raced an SHO with our Cobra, but I have no doubt that a 300hp SHO could hang with a N/A Cobra. But that much power going through the front wheels in a 1990's car with a simple strut suspension could prove to be a torque-steering, understeering, wheel hopping nightmare.

the only SHO i want....

1990FordFestivaSHOgunFFF05-ucc.jpg

KeVIIIn, can you grab the rear speed sensors off the SHO?

Yea only problem would be getting the rear wheels off..they have locks on em, probably the only reason those are still on the car.

Easy there sport... Its just a Taurus with a JAPANESE motor in it. Need I remind you its FWD?

Funny actually, Fords 3.8 got 140 HP. I actually had a 88 Sable wiht a 3.0 140 HP in it. Yamaha banged out 220 out of their version of a 3.0. Yes 24 valves and all, nice tubing.

I remember we raced a 89 SHO 5-speed with my friends 86 LSC and that SHO boogied away from us pretty fast, front wheels looked like they were gonna break off, looked funny. We were not laughing though, I must say.

Nice kill!!!

I know what a sho is I've owned one, I just want a change from the truck and 2 door coupe scene.

the only SHO i want....

1990FordFestivaSHOgunFFF05-ucc.jpg
You have no idea how much I wanna make one. There is a shell for $600 near me that looks perfect just no drivetrain and then there is a 90 SHO near me that has its tail crushed but has a fresh 3.2 block with high comp pistons and3.0 cams for $1000. If I had the skillz........ man oh man. That motor with UD pulleys, BBB, ported plenum would make a solid 300hp and then slap a 100 shot on it. Man you would shock the chit out of some people. 350+ HP in an 1800lb car would be downright scary.

I actually want to build a mid engine swift using one of my 3k engines.

And use the AWD. :D

I would have to use a porsche drivetrain. At that point might as well use the engine too. If only I had an awd porsche in my back yard.....

Someone up in canadia did build one with a vq30 in front. I would much rather put the engine in the back though.

Hey thanks for all the links but I aint going way out of the way to buy a SHO unless it is PRISTINE! Besides after much thought for me to get an SHO in the shape I want its gonna run $4000. Then another $1500 for the mods and another $1500 for stereo. For that ammount I have decided to get something I really really want for less money that will pretty much destroy the SHO in every category. Ive had one before you all saw that I bought to resell. Only this time I want the last year of its body style instead of the first, I want the sport pack and I want it in a nice color cause the white didnt do it justice. Plus I want it with the larger engine. :)
Aint sayin what it is and I am keeping my fingers crossed the one in Dallas thats grey with black interior is still available when I get the check. :)
I even currently have it on my desktop pic. :D

Early 2000's ('01 I think was the last year of this bodystyle) Dinan BMW 750iL with the V-12? That would be my personal choice.
WTF? Someone here pays attention! :lol: But no. The V12 cars are nice but have many engine issues and are very hard to work on plus parts are insaine.
Plus Dinan/Alpina cars are beyond what I wanna spend. If I had that kind of cash I would get a 2005+ GT or another Cobra.

But you are kinda close. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back