she goes to paint on mon.

zmt325

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so I have made a final decision. she is going satin black. I went and visited my paint guy this morning and he thought it would look good, kinda a retro rod approach to it. all the jams, wet sanded and all for $750 and he is GOOD!!!

I am going to leave all the chrome alone for now. replace the bumper and side chrome with new. and i need a grille soooo bad

here are some before pics
014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

so far I have put intrax sport 2.5 inch drop springs with tokico blues, 1.25 front sway bar. all new upper lower control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar end links, strutt rod bushings, strutt mounts, (all moog). motor mounts, 2.5 inch exaust with xpipe jmod clarion nav dvd head unit jl w3 12 in a jl bass port box and a jl jo500.1 amp 35% tint

very soon to be done, 3.73s with TL and a 1.25 rear sway bar. when i do that the entire rear end will be rebuilt (dlf will soon be getting a call)

I am thinking of these wheels in 20x8 in the fron and 20x10 in the rear
boss338g.jpg

I will post painted pics next fri. my car my flavor :D

Last edited:
For the love of Xenu please edit your post and press "enter" after every picture.

I've got a grill already painted primed and painted flat black I want to sell

Good luck finding a grill local, only one I found somebody put their foot through otherwise it was a mint grill!

Remember if you caint duck it fock it

I know I am about to break down and spend like 350 on a nos one.

to keatonsdad I have decided to keep the chrome, chrome for now. I was going to attempt to spray everything gloss black, or with a black pearl clear to get the black chrome look. but after consulting with my paint and body guy($$$) I have decided to keep it stock.

Last edited:
Dam for that price for a color change I need to bring him my LS then and I'm going back the factory color. That's a dam good price for a color change.

Dam for that price for a color change I need to bring him my LS then and I'm going back the factory color. That's a dam good price for a color change.

he is a good friend and it is a satin color single stage. in order to go a nice silver it would have been like $1200. if i wanted to go with the same color it was like $750.

arter it is painted i am going to take the rubberized bull sh!t from the interior to him sand it down and have him spray it black let it dry and then spray it silver, while it is still wet i am going to take a brush to it and make it look like brushed aluminum.

Black is about the hardest color to paint and keep clean..it will show every imperfection...silver will be the way to go...just my opinion...going to beech bend tonight if that doesn't happen going to the power tour at LP field lmk if you are in...

you'll regret going satin after a few weeks owning it! why not gloss you can still do a single stage black and have it gloss black, my 97 is single stage black. look at this reflection there isnt a drop of clearcoat on my car, i'll show you the buffing pads to prove it lol!
buffed97018.jpg

buffed97017.jpg

buffed97042.jpg

you'll regret going satin after a few weeks owning it! why not gloss you can still do a single stage black and have it gloss black, my 97 is single stage black. look at this reflection there isnt a drop of clearcoat on my car, i'll show you the buffing pads to prove it lol!
]

dude your cars look awesome. (gangster) if I hate it after i do it i will paint it again. I am trying to be a little different. don't get me wrong I love your cars, I will probably try to find a black on black 2nd gen dd in a couple years after this one gets forged and sc. I have always wanted a HOT ROD! my car sounds so mean, I just want it to look pure evil. I am going to have some custom hand pin striping done in red and white for a final touch.

I have thought long and hard about this one, my mind is 85% made up. hell i was up till 4am last night with it on my mind. I absolutely hate the color it is now. (old blue hair silver/blue). I have about $1000 to spend on it right now, and i need a few other things. if I go any other route than same color or satin black I will spend $1200 just on paint.

Black is about the hardest color to paint and keep clean..it will show every imperfection...silver will be the way to go...just my opinion...going to beech bend tonight if that doesn't happen going to the power tour at LP field lmk if you are in...

gloss black will show every imperfection agreed!! but satin will hide some stuff. plus I am paying to get all the imperfections out.

man i am exausted I would love to, I just have to much :q:q:q:q on my plate right now.

not next week (due to car being in the shop) but week after come hell or high water, i will be at beech bend!!!! :nxsmile

how in the heck do you do multi quote post?

see the little plus done in the corner of this post? next to the quote button. click it and it turns red. click all the ones you want and on the last one click the quote button. there ya go.

well if you end up not liking the satin black, they can always wet sand the satin with 2000 grit and then just get the whole car clearcoated and then you will have gloss black! its a win win.

I have a 95/96 rear bumper with exhaust cutouts I will sell you. It will make the car look smoking hot. I can get it to you before you paint. Let me know.

Just my opinion, i have sprayed a few different brands of satin black and Dupont's Hot Rod black seems to have the best semi-gloss look and be the most durable.

I think its a cool idea, my son is wanting me to do his 87 mustang with it.

i'm very curious to see how it turns out...I've got a 66 mustang that I'll be doing it to soon.

:(:(looks like it is going to be another week, o well I would rather him take his time, rather than it be a hurry up job.

I have seen it done in 2 days with 2 guys. remember single stage paint. cuts your dry time in half..

I am still driving it now, will drop it off next Monday, should be able to pick it up the following fri.

i have seen 2 day jobs too, and usually after 2 guys spend 2 days on it, the owner takes it to another guy and leaves it for 2 weeks to have it painted right!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back