Sexy Engine...

A very sexy engine, I don't find purple attractive, but damn that is nice! Haha Alejandro! Something my dad would say!

Great job
Whats next :)

I need to have a bracket made for the MAF because I don't want it just dangling from the throttle body and then rest and getting back to the gym! I've got some blemishes to polish out, too, so I will be engaging some elbow grease soon. It seems to never end, but it's totally worth it! :D JMOD is the next item on the list, list.

Must say looking great and gives u a feeling of accomplishment from doin everything urself. Keep it up

WOW! That is niiice! I love your Mark! I must bow down to the lady godess! I know you'll never be finished but I can't wait to see it when you get close! :) It's gonna be sweeeeet!!

Nice "winter" you have there! I'd take that over the Swedish winter ;)

Looks good! Really unique to say the least :D

Thanks so much! I've decided to go ahead and powder coat the caps because they just couldn't compare to how dynamic the powder was. Should be a little more congruous when I'm finished.

Just a little follow up before the caps are back. I was unable to use the chrome throttle body as the powder coaters had to drill slits behind the bearings to remove them, one just on the intake side, but one on both intake/engine side. Unmetered air was escaping across the bearing causing an erratic idle and IAC out of range code. I put the original one back together with the 'dirty' butterflies, said a prayer, and all returned to normal. The chrome process also left the interior of the body so clean that the clean butterflies didn't create a good seal either. Oh well. I think I'll make a nice table lamp outa the chrome one!

Just a little follow up before the caps are back. I was unable to use the chrome throttle body as the powder coaters had to drill slits behind the bearings to remove them, one just on the intake side, but one on both intake/engine side. Unmetered air was escaping across the bearing causing an erratic idle and IAC out of range code. I put the original one back together with the 'dirty' butterflies, said a prayer, and all returned to normal. The chrome process also left the interior of the body so clean that the clean butterflies didn't create a good seal either. Oh well. I think I'll make a nice table lamp outa the chrome one!

I was wondering how that was gonna work out, that sucks. Says on them that you're not even supposed to clean the inside. I didn't wanna say anything and jinx it since you already had it done

Good news was that it wasn't very expensive. I knew that, too, but it was so enticing to think of a shiny TB! At least it was a spare, though. Shew. I used some TB cleaner on the outside of mine and a wire brush and it turned out awesome. I'm just happy the car runs properly. That was initially a real weinie shrinker and I was trying not to think the worst. Thanks for not saying anything, Sapper. :p I was already stressed out to the max! :D

Last follow up for a while until I decide what to do with my C&L MAF that cracked during the powder coat process. :shifty: Coating the caps was much better than the anodizing. Got them back today and hopefully cleared up that 'verge of rivers.' It is much better. I still have to tidy up the battery cables and add a better positive connector, but my back is once again toast.

EngineFinal2-18_zps9cdf8435.jpg

I think you should add some purple coloring to the anti-freeze. The green just doesn't go! :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back