selling my pride

jokken

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

long time member and poster (mostly in the Lincoln LS forums)

I got engaged recently, the wedding is in about 11 months. My fiancé and I are in the process of buying an awesome condo in lower upstate NY. We have enough cash for a decent down payment. But it would be better if we had a little more since money will be very tight for the first 8 months

So I’m starting a second job, selling things on ebay and doing anything to get a few extra dollars.

I thought of this idea and wonder if it could work.

Basically I am reaching out to any one I can contact on the internet to ask for help.

I am not asking for a lot just 25 cents via paypay, from whoever is willing. Just 1 quarter.

My pay pal account is jim@jokken.com

Here is a link to paypal
www.paypal.com

You may think I’m crazy or stupid (I sure do) but I figure what could it hurt?

I really want to be able to do this for her…

If you send me a quarter I will owe you a favor forever

If you read this after Dec 2007 thanks for the interest but we already used what we could get for the down payment and finished the purchase.

feel free to fwd this request on to anyone or post it in any forum any help would be appreciated.

Ya
at least say you want the money for a big screen HDTV.
Then we'd think you had a lot of class and could respect you.
If 100 people sent you .25 you'de have...... wait for it.....$25.00!

Hey, while we're at it...

My brother needs money to pay off his debt from kidney cancer. He's only 26 years old and he has only one kidney left. Plus, I have student loans.

Anybody want to chip in? I figure about $100 from everybody here should do the trick. :rolleyes:

</sarcasm>

Lol. Money saving tips:

1) 24 hrs in a day so WORK 3 jobs. (if you sleep you are NOT earning money)

2) Eat ONLY porridge oats mixed with water.

3) Make the future wife WORK at least 2 jobs. (she needs time to plan stuff)

4) Sell the Lincoln and ALL your other possessions to us LvC members.

5) Umm... DONT get married yet?

Hope these money saving tips help! :D

I'm hoping marriage will shut my girl up, "I want a ring, where is my ring, when can we get married" there are more important things in life than getting married, like cars!

No offense, but you sound like the crackhead that let herself into my old apartment. She stopped by at like 2 a.m. asking for a dollar and a cigarette (pretty standard crackhead begging). We (my roommate and I) told her to leave, she takes that as an invitation into our living room. My roommate goes upstairs to get her a dollar and comes back with our guns (concealed); as we were afraid there might be more outside waiting to find out if we had money or what we had inside. He slips me mine, and we ask her to leave again. She asks us for a ride. :q:q:q:q NO!! I'm not giving a crackhead a ride anywhere, well, maybe to the police station. So then she starts walking and we go out the back door to watch her. A car pulls into our driveway, I say apartment when I mean townhouse, and she starts asking them for money, ride, cigarette. It was one of our friends stopping by to see what was up. He gave her a ride, friggin idiot. About 2 months later, I'm walking my dog at like 6 a.m. and that same crackhead is walking in the middle of the street, trying to stop every car that passes.

Not callin you a crackhead, just relaying a story about beggers. But, you're right, what could it hurt to ask us. Hell, when I get paid I might give you 5 bucks. Just don't spend it on crack ; )

Man this is funny.
I'm hoping marriage will shut my girl up, "I want a ring, where is my ring, when can we get married" there are more important things in life than getting married, like cars!
If you marry her belive me it aint gonna shut her up.

Members online

Back