SCT custom tune???

torrie wants 150 bucks for 1 tune or 3... not saying there not worth it just saying i dont want to pay that much when i have been told muchless...

ummmmm.. i think somewhere in the thing to be an SCT dealer you have to honor the sct prices so you can get a tuner and three prgorams for xxx amount. Talk to ILLS

torrie wants 150 bucks for 1 tune or 3... not saying there not worth it just saying i dont want to pay that much when i have been told muchless...

Do you have a used unlocked SCT? $150 is what it usually cost to unlock the SCT.

Make sure the other company will fine tune the tunes they sell you, this is where customer service come in.

Sometimes you get what you pay for and going cheap is not the best deal.

So then just go through ILLS.

I just got another tune from him that he pretty much nailed what I was looking for.

How much is morepowertuning charging?

How much did ILLS quot you?

Everything is going up but wages.

morepowertuning wants 59 bucks and ills wants 50 but i can't get a hold of him right now.. second day with no answer... i'm sure he is just busy, i think i might try a couple SCT tuners in my area... looking to see how much for a dyno tune..

i found a place 25 miles away from me that will dyno (mustang dyno)tune for 100 bucks....? what you guys think sound pretty good?

morepowertuning wants 59 bucks and ills wants 50 but i can't get a hold of him right now.. second day with no answer... i'm sure he is just busy, i think i might try a couple SCT tuners in my area... looking to see how much for a dyno tune..

Is that for one tune?

If you can get a dyno tune in your area that would be best.

Year and a half a go I purchased from Torrie the SCT 2 and three tunes for $400 and that included fine tunning but not on a dyno, by email, that was the going price. I don't know if one tune is enough, I have a daily driver tune that is much better than stock tune, a more aggressive shifting tune and what you might call a track tune and of course stock.

see the thing is I bought a SCT x3 on ebay brand new never used for 300 bucks.. so now i'm stuck trying to find a tune... the three tunes are looking better to me now... I'm going to talk further to torrie...

well now ILLS replyed back...now i dont know who to go through... can i get feed back from TORRIE AND ILLS Customers???

dude - what feedback will make the difference?

pick someone you will build a relationship with and trust your tunning to him.

Also if you do the upgrades to the X3 on SCT's website it will probably recognize your car and you will have their tune to install. I did not think it compared to Trries or Roberts tunes, but if you are getting anxious that's a start. I have both Torries and Roberts which make substantial differences.

well now ILLS replyed back...now i dont know who to go through... can i get feed back from TORRIE AND ILLS Customers???

Sorry about that. Big work email problem. I wasn't able to reply back to anyone who emailed me for the last 5 days or so. Fixed last night.

I suggest that you go with whichever tuner you feel most comfortable with. Whether that be myself, Torrie, or some local fella. I do suggest that whomever you decide to go with that you stick with a person to has a bit of Lincoln LS specific experience. These cars are finicky in some ways and most people who have not done allot of tuning on them might not be able to get you as good an end result as someone who specializes in tuning them. This is not so much from an overall power standpoint but from a shifting and transmission standpoint which is just as important whether it be performance or just daily driving. Most tuners who actually know what they are doing will make similar power to each other on a given car with minor mods. Where the REAL tuning comes in is the TBW and the transmission tuning. That is the meat and potatoes when it comes to cars with minor mods like most LS's.

Good luck with whatever avenue you pursue. :Beer

I suggest ILLS, yesterday He helped me with my tune, very friendly and patient. I am very satisfied with his knowledge and willing to help. Thanks again ILLs.
P.s. gotta wait for the rain to clear to get a test run in.

I suggest ILLS, yesterday He helped me with my tune, very friendly and patient. I am very satisfied with his knowledge and willing to help. Thanks again ILLs.
P.s. gotta wait for the rain to clear to get a test run in.

I assume that you loaded the tune onto your car already though?

Members online

Back