scissor jack

Nitvid

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've never needed my factory scissor jack, and thank goodness for that! while cleaning the trunk I pulled the spare and jack out to discover that my factory jack has been used and twisted and pretty much junk. would a jack from a town car or t-bird work in the Marks? I need to make a junk yard run to grab something just in case.

Pretty sure the T-Bird jacks are identical and if I recall correctly, most Panther platform cars too.

I would think the t-bird would be the same because of the identical frame. However, towncars and panther platform does not have the same factory jack as the mark viiis. The mark's jack has a U lift point that fits at a metal strip on the sides of the car. The panther jacks have a flat l___ type design to fit on a flat lift point on the car.

When I had my 93 the scissor jack collapsed (on level ground and lifted properly) and dropped the car to the ground while I was sitting right next to it. Whenever I go on a trip I put a real jack in the trunk.

all it takes is a trip to get groceries, beer, anything to get a flat and be stuck without a jack. I'm just glad I noticed mine is junk before I needed it!

I would think the t-bird would be the same because of the identical frame. However, towncars and panther platform does not have the same factory jack as the mark viiis. The mark's jack has a U lift point that fits at a metal strip on the sides of the car. The panther jacks have a flat l___ type design to fit on a flat lift point on the car.

He is right, it's different.

And it's good you noticed now because I have been in a similar situation. We had just gotten new tires on 4th of July and stupid me decided it was time to clean the trunk and I removed the spare tire. Went to see fireworks 40 mins away and came to the car and it had flat with no spare in the trunk. What a night that was...

Members online

Back