Sayin hello and some new stereo pics

maksitfaster

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey there everybody, been too long since I've dropped by... Well I've dropped by but never really gotten around to posting. Well the car and I are back in Toronto and sadly she's wearing plates front and rear now. I liked the clean front end but what'cha gonna do... I've put about 16k miles on her since I got it and she only let me down once. Fuel pump went a couple weeks before Christmas. Oh well, bound to happen sooner or later. Cost a couple of bucks to get that fixed. Needed the car back in a hurry so ended up paying for someone else to do it. Other than that just plugs, filter & coil boots. Those boots made a difference. Didn't notice much of a difference on mileage but the motor smoothed right out. My foot is probably mostly to blame for the mileage though...;) Gotta say, I really like this car! I haven't enjoyed owning a car this much since my old Trans-Am. I love the way it drives, rides and handles. Looking at her puts a smile on my face:) She'll zip a corner pretty decently with the 18's on and still glide down the highway at 80mph in perfect comfort. If you've never taken a long trip with your Mark, I strongly advise it. You don't know what your missing! I drove the car cross country to get it home. My first "day" took me from Calgary to Marathon Ont. We spent 27 hrs. on the move before I called it quits. The next day she got me into Toronto in a shade under 12hrs. We made some pretty decent time I'd say. For round figures that trip is about 3500 kilometers. Only hiccup was the speedo decided to get a little sticky somewhere in I think it was Saskatchewan. Parked a lil while later to get a bite to eat and it was fine after that. I can't think of to many cars that I would be willing to do a marathon like that in but I'd do it again in the Mark in a heartbeat. Since she's been home I've had a chance to do some reno's on the stero too.

Picture114.jpg

2012-02-13170658.jpg

That's a Kenwood dnx6980, a pair of Memphis audio big Belles and a pair of IDMax 12d2v3's. Still just running the 4 pioneer 6x8's in the front but that will be changing soon enough. Like when it's warmer...And yes it's loud:D

Random pic from northern Ontario
Picture127-1.jpg

And this is just a shot I like from the day I left Calgary...

Picture125.jpg

Ciao

nice car man.

are those free air subs? if not they will not last long like that

Hey guys this is MAD MIKE here. And I'm hooking you up with the largest set of subs ever put into a car in the usa. There called the "jackhammer" Guess the show LOL

Oh BTW nice car!!

nice car man.

are those free air subs? if not they will not last long like that

Idmax's do very well in a ib application. They are some sweet sounding speakers.

Sharp Mark btw ;)

X to the zibit. Pimp my ride. Where do don't fix your piece of sheet we just make it look good.

Cheers guys, glad you dig it. Yeah zmt, all Image Dynamics subs are rated for free-air. Here's a couple shots of 'em out of the car.

2011-10-10122156.jpg

2011-10-10122111.jpg

Yeah, they're big but these subs aren't about bling. They're the real deal. 1000 watts rms, 2 inches point to point excursion. Not really specifically designed for spl but trust me, they do pound. Capable of rattling the hell out of the car actually.

87T, I'm diggin your ride too.I was originally looking for a black one myself. Yeah that style of wheels suit these cars well. I'm thinking I might get a tint coat put on the rims though, give 'em that black chrome look.

Oh, and if any of those clowns disappeared my car and "pimped" it, well, think texas chainsaw massacre.

Members online

No members online now.
Back