Salvage yard Trip.... Who Needs What?

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I plan on going to the salvage yard tuesday. Who needs what?

If I can find them, I plan to pick up some strut covers.

Anyone interested in doing a center console swap. That would be for you members with the "ninja" flip cup-holder. Picture below of the difference.

Center console 01.jpg

I need a new console, same color as the one in the picture. The bottom one of course, in case you come across one.

Those fat plastic screws that hold the engine cover in place, and a passenger seat power adjustment knob cover, I hope that makes sense.

There are like 3 levers that stick out of the side of the seat and I just need the grey plastic cover that sits on top of those levers. Everything for a gen 2.

Please and thank you, I certainly would pay you for this.

I need the driver's seat rail covers in the dark parchment color.

Thanks!

Inside driver's door handle if able to get for around $25. Gen 1.

Gentlemen. I can't gurrantee color. If they have the part you need should I get it regardless of color? The color matching is a real hit or miss.

My only interior item requested is so small that color wouldn't bother me, ill just paint it if necessary.

Sweet!

If you run into a second trunk courtesy light, I'll take it off your hands. Not sure if gen 1 and 2 are the same, but need gen 2.

If you happen to run into the 03 door sills, the ones from the two rear doors that have the "LS", I'll take those too.

2nd gen center console lid, any color as long as the latch that holds the lid down is still good, will take the just the latch itself if you feel like disassembling it.

Gentlemen. I can't gurrantee color. If they have the part you need should I get it regardless of color? The color matching is a real hit or miss.

That makes sense. If you find rail covers for a Gen 1 with tan seats, then the plastic will all be dark parchment. If those don't apply, then you don't need to do anything.

Thanks, Rollin!

I need that 2nd gen console don't really care about the color but if you come across dark gray interior that would be great!!!

... wondering if anyone, visiting scrap yards, ever considers pulling coil covers to see if
there are some nice fresh clean coils like Motorcrafts or Visteons to be found.

The chances would be great as they are replaced all too often on the LS's.

One should also be able to spot a brand new degas bottle a mile away.

... wondering if anyone, visiting scrap yards, ever considers pulling coil covers to see if
there are some nice fresh clean coils like Motorcrafts or Visteons to be found.

The chances would be great as they are replaced all too often on the LS's.

One should also be able to spot a brand new degas bottle a mile away.

Every salvage yard around here pulls the engine, transmission, wheels and glass before they even put the car out for parts.

Yeah, true enough, I've seen that, however, was lucky to have seen a few that were just brought in from auction at one of my locals. One was rear-ended slightly and they were trying to resell the whole thing. Another was still in tact but they let me grab some parts from it. didn't think to remove the covers at the time but I'm stocked up on coils anyhow.

We have a yard nearby called Kenny's-You-Pull-it and I see a lot of completes just laying there. (other models that is)

Members online

No members online now.
Back