S.o.b.!!!!!

PetesSweets86

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
F*ck it, with it bad enough I needa replace my rear bumper (which btw I have et to find anyone parting out a Birch LS or any located in a nearby junkyard, since out of state ones won't ship it) but now today my indicator says "Check left brake lamp" and wouldn't you know it...my F*CKING LEFT BRAKE LAMP IS OUT. DAMNIT ALL!!! My question to you guy is this:

could it be a wiring failure, the bulb just being dead or near dead, or something coming loose?

What a way to start the new year off with another LS repair :p

*Rant mode off*

OMG I had this same problem!!! And it cost me like 5 dollars!!! Damn LS and it's problematic brake lights... just a horrible design.

especially the fogging up. So you had same problem and it was only the bulb?

Cause when my 3rd brake light bulb went out there was no warning for that one so I went a month before I noticed it wasn't working.

Yeah it should be fine. I was driving down to Savannah and like half way there my "check left brake lamp" light came on then it turned off about 20 minutes later. The light came back on about a week later then turned off again. I was also worried about the wiring shorting out but it was just the bulb.

ahh....well thank goodness that'll be an easy job, but I dunno how to get into the lamp housing to replace the bulb (headlights are my expertise :-D hehe) so I might just as well have the stealership do it correctly. I got a coupon from them for 25 bucks off anyways and a bunch of gift cards from the holidays....shouldn't be too bad. Just GOD DAMNIT NO ONE HAS A BUMPER!!!!

This has put a halt on my car's modeling gigs/car shows :'(

Pete, your alarm most likely flashes your running lamp, not your brake lights. Just replace the bulb.

I vote 5 stars simply for flipping out over a burned out bulb like it's the timing chain that skipped a tooth or two.

really man if your going to lose it over a brake light not working and thinks its not a bad bulb.:lol: Definitly don't touch anything bring it to a dealer. If you own any tools sell them,no throw them out. It will save you in the long run. WTF

I vote 5 stars simply for flipping out over a burned out bulb like it's the timing chain that skipped a tooth or two.

+1

Well my new years day consisted of a main timing chain breaking and towing my car home. This, a week after I replaced one secondary tensioner and three weeks after replacing the first secondary tensioner.

But yeah, for sure that light bulb thing is a real bitch! Happy new year is right!!!

+1

Well my new years day consisted of a main timing chain breaking and towing my car home. This, a week after I replaced one secondary tensioner and three weeks after replacing the first secondary tensioner.

But yeah, for sure that light bulb thing is a real bitch! Happy new year is right!!!

are you fu@%ing serious?

Yeah that really happened son. I think the remaining tensioner pieces in the bottom of the timing area and got stuck in the chain and gear and snapped it.

I'm now the proud owner of a 97 grand marquis ls :) she's a beaut clark.

really man if your going to lose it over a brake light not working and thinks its not a bad bulb.:lol: Definitly don't touch anything bring it to a dealer. If you own any tools sell them,no throw them out. It will save you in the long run. WTF

your a tard. I was loosing it over a possible wriring failure or burnout. Plus the add-on of the damage from the hit & run driver. So f*ck off F4ggot

+1

But yeah, for sure that light bulb thing is a real bitch! Happy new year is right!!![/QUOTE]

more like LEFT :p

i would laugh my balls off if i worked at a dealership and you came in for a diagnostic with a burnt out bulb, i would also tell you its time for a new Johnson rod and have you pay double to replace both.

to change the bulb, you need to take the light house off by removing three nuts(10mm, i think) on the inside of the trunk, under the carpet. then remove the old bulb and discard, then take the package with the new bulb in it, remove the package, take new bulb and plug it in, and reassemble.

+1 LMAO.

c'mon dude, you really can't figure out how to change your brake light bulb? It's behind the carpet on the trunk wall! You do have to remove the long plastic piece along where the trunk lid meets your rear bumper. Just pull straight up, it comes off.

your a tard.

No, you're a tard. Freaking out over a light bulb... do you have the man at the shop replace your wipers too? I agree with the man above tho, if you own any tools throw them out! :D

I came home one day to see my roommate messing with his '06 Saab headlights, trying to replace the bulb. He couldn't figure out how to do it and was ready to take it to autozone to have the "man" there do it.
Just the thought of that happening to him was enough to make me stop and help him figure it out. Can you imagine a grown ass man who can't figure out how to change a light bulb on his car? We're all laughing at you.

nelson_haha.jpg

rofl. a burned out bulb... ZOMG!? WAT DO!?

Cmon PeteSweets, man up and pull some carpet back.

LMAO, I expected something a little more as well. Maybe that you got hit again.

He acts like the damage on his car is significant. It looks like a kid on one of those Power Wheels hit it. :lol:

hey pete....

joker.gif

WHY SO SERIOUS?

i mean, its only a light bulb....you probably have some extra ones next to the pile of mods collecting dust waiting to be put on ur ls.....

haha very funny. I had them replace the bulb as I was already feeling like test driving a few cars on the lot anyways. They replaced both brake lamp bulbs and didn't charge me a cent.

As for the f4gs above...you also did not read my thread thoroughly...as I started I was worried it was a wiring problem since tha'ts been my issue of choice lately with this car not to mention only 1 brake light bulb burning out vs both. Anyways....f*ck you in the drive thru!

99 problems.jpg

you2.jpg

you.jpg

THe Door.jpg

Members online

Back