Run 10.93 @ 125 Mph on Drag Radials.

Burbank98lsc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally made it to the Race Track on my new wheel,tire setup.
Weather was nice Yesterday so we went to Us41 to test My new Tires,Wheels and rear, front shocks.
My first run was nothing but wheel spin as the track was not prepped very good.
My second run I did long burnout and I was finally able to hook from idle and run 10.98 @ 124 mph.
My third run I also did long burnout but I launched from 3k rpm and my 60" improved(1.57) and the car run 10.93 @ 125.23 mph.
My forth run I launched from 3500-3800 rpm and the car hooked(It felt like someone rear ended me) and the car took off like crazy but a couple of seconds later I hear big boom under my hood and the car died. I shifted to neutral and tried to start the car while the car was still rolling down the track but nothing,car didn't start so I stopped the car and opened the hood and I was ready for the worst, but it was only Supercharger Discharge tube blown away from the throttle body.The good think I had flat screw driver in my center console and i was able to reinstall the coupler and drive away on my own from the race track and back home(60 miles from race track).I think the forth pass would be 10.8 or even 10.7 as the car felt very strong and my 60" was killer too but I am still happy to run 10's and very happy how the car rides with new shocks,struts.Before I go to race track again I will install T-Bolt clamps on my discharge tube so everything should be good next time and hopefully the weather will be cooler too.

here is the time slips.

Here is Videos of my 10 sec passes.
The clocks don't show the Times as I was running off clock.
The car in the first Video red lighted really bad.

http://www.youtube.com/user/agneskulach#play/uploads/3/EyWdSn-PJfA

http://www.youtube.com/user/agneskulach#play/uploads/4/L0w8-M_zQ2k

Excellente' my Friend. Your THEEE quickest and fastest STOCK bodied (modular platform) Lincoln mark VIII in the WORLD, good JOB!!!!

Wow, you can officially change your username to "I am Legend", I have friends tell me all the time about seeing your videos, especially the one where you take a big crap on a GTO! Congrats!

Nice! Look forward to seeing the video footage!

Wow! Just wow! That is incredible. I am sure there is a thread detailing your cars mods. Anyone have the link so i can check it out?
That is very impressive! Congrats mang.

Shave a little off that reaction time and give her a good 70 degree day and look out chevy's its a real hotrodlincoln.

Pros to you Burbank for being probably the fastest Mark Vlll in the country. Congradulations!!!

Excellente' my Friend. Your THEEE quickest and fastest STOCK bodied (modular platform) Lincoln mark VIII in the WORLD, good JOB!!!!

No he's not,well maybe till this saturday.. Mines stock bodied with a little bit of weight reduction, and is going to have atleast 4tenths on his time. It did 631rwhp and 592rwtq on the safe tune. Our first hit is this weekend. oh yeah and running M&H drag radials:D

all though still some great runs man, not trying to knock you. youstill got a sic ass mark

No he's not,well maybe till this saturday.. Mines stock bodied with a little bit of weight reduction, and is going to have atleast 4tenths on his time. It did 631rwhp and 592rwtq on the safe tune. Our first hit is this weekend. oh yeah and running M&H drag radials:D

all though still some great runs man, not trying to knock you. youstill got a sic ass mark

Them r fighting words!

So your car is 400+ pounds lighter then stock and has 5.1 L stroker with stage 3 ported heads,build trans,stand alone system,K member,and 300 shot of nitrous on top of that and you only want to run 4 tents faster then me:confused: .Your car should be good for very low tens or high nines with 630+ rwhp and 400+ pounds lighter car.

BTW: My car made 470 rwhp on Mustang dyno,has stock transmission with over 94k miles on it ,stock rear end,stock heads,4.6 L engine with the baby blower S trim on 11.9 psi. So I am very happy how fast my car is with only 11.9 psi of boost and stock displacement engine,stock trans,stock heads,stock computer and stock rear end.

I wonder how long your engine will last on 300 shot of nitrous.:D

finger007.gif

a09957e84b1802141f931dcfd6d45838.gif

:D

So your car is 400+ pounds lighter then stock and has 5.1 L stroker with stage 3 ported heads,build trans,stand alone system,K member,and 300 shot of nitrous on top of that and you only want to run 4 tents faster then me:confused: .Your car should be good for very low tens or high nines with 630+ rwhp and 400+ pounds lighter car.

BTW: My car made 470 rwhp on Mustang dyno,has stock transmission with over 94k miles on it ,stock rear end,stock heads,4.6 L engine with the baby blower S trim on 11.9 psi. So I am very happy how fast my car is with only 11.9 psi of boost and stock displacement engine,stock trans,stock heads,stock computer and stock rear end.

I wonder how long your engine will last on 300 shot of nitrous.:D

alot of people are telling me it should run basement 10's but I;m not going to be that optimistic (sp) though until it happens, I don't think its got enough to run 9's. who knows what it;ll run with the 300 shot. when I blasted off the 11.004 thats without the stage 3 heads I was still running the home ported stock heads. the stand alone, and was only on a 200 shot with the stock gears. and I;m still running the stock half shafts in the rear end. so 4 tenths faster is a very conservative number.

ad as far as motor lasting its not near the 1200hp its built to handle. and i got a good safe tune so it will be good to go for awhile.

Members online

No members online now.
Back