RIP Lincoln

M4rk

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
RIP Lincoln

13lincolnmkz15-opt.jpg

More: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/02/2013-lincoln-mkz-shows-final-form-for-production/

I was hoping to see a nice design, but that thing is absolutely hideous (IMO of course). I doubt they will be able to truly resurrect the brand after the latest designs.

seriously looks like the shark in Finding Nemo (fish are friends, not food)

Honestly, heres my thing. I like every single thing on it, All the lines, the back end, the overall shape, EXCEPT for that damn grille they keep trying to go with. I freaking hate it. It seriously makes all their cars look like sea creatures of various types. Look at the lincoln cross over in turquois (spelling), it looks like a damn turtle. I feel like they are so close (minus not being rear wheel) but that grill is destorying it

I think its something about the way it sort of peaks in the front

I can accept the new rear end. Actually kind of dig it. The car is too high.

Also, from the A pillar forward... What the fuck is going on?!

I saw one today on the road, I thought "How did that whale crawl this far inland?"

Why cant they just modify the Fusion grille?

Its looks way better.

And if its gonna be V6 at least make the damn thing rwd....:q:q:q:q.

I like the side profile and parts of the front but the rear is too high and looks just like the rears on maximas and other family sedans.

They need to bring that rear down, pull the grille up with vertical slats like the LS and that emblem is too small. If they could use the GT500 or falcon front end with these changes and rwd and a ecoboost or V8 option it would be a hot vehicle.

The engine choices should be:

Base Duratec 3.7 (same as V6 mustang)
Coyote 5.0 RWD/AWD option (same as V8 mustang)
Ecoboost with AWD option

The 4 cyl could be an option in the hybrid.

Send the body designer to the mail room and resurrect the LS team

I like the transparent roof, and the interior is nice, but the rest of the car is crap. It looks like a Malibu trying to desperately catch up with the times.

I can attest that the level of build quality with the fusion/mkz/zephyr is actually pretty good and in some aspects better than the LS.

Compared to a malibu or impala...those are junk.

The interior looks nice, its just an ugly exterior

It was bad enough when they called us galants.... now we're mazdas......(and now thats an insult to mazdas

attachment.jpg

2011-Mazda3-Silver.jpg

Well Ford is still part owner of mazda and they share platforms and engines.

Id rather be called a mazda versus a mitsubishi.

I would rather no longer own a Lincoln :shifty:

That model didn't last long. I spoke to a women who is a part owner of a Lincoln dealership, and I ask her what is the next model to come from Lincoln, she said, it will be called the Lincoln MKR.

Lincoln MKR and Ford Interceptor. I know concept, but they all got to start as concepts before they go into production.

http://www.automotto.com/entry/a-vi...use-of-ford-ford-interceptor-and-lincoln-mkr/

I've seen them a long time ago, that article is almost 5 years old.

The Ford doesn't look half bad, different front end and lower window line would help a lot. The Lincoln doesn't look any good.

I've seen them a long time ago, that article is almost 5 years old.

The Ford doesn't look half bad, different front end and lower window line would help a lot. The Lincoln doesn't look any good.

I actually like the front, especially the shaker hood. I know it's old, but they took that design direction with the MKS,MKZ, etc so it makes sense that the next one will be called MKR. After seeing the Interceptor you can tell it has a slight resemblance to the Ford Taurus and I can definitely see that as a new addition to the ford line. Once one models dies off another must take it's place, and this women was telling me it will be called the MKR so, It will probably be close to that pic.

Thats just HORRIBLE.....Jaguar has some nice vehicles for sure, moving over to the Jaguar world once im tired of the LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back