Retractable License Plate???

Almost finished it. Will prob do some more work on it this week.

If you're going that route, go with a motorized one, pay the extra amount. Getting down on you're knees to take out a license plate will get annoying fast!

Intersting topic. Hite and I have spoken about just this topic a few months back.

Pulled the trigger on the motorized one. Figured Id be paying double that if I were to get a ticket

alax u ever finish yours... before your LS was stolen... im remember a teaser (imagine that) from you a while back IIRC?

Yeah I was going to refer you to Alax he started one but I dunno if he finished it. If I needed a front plate I would do the same thing he did lol.

I will be working on one soon, as marcredd said, not sure how cost effective it will be. Depending on how difficult it is to fabricate, I may or may not make a few to sell. I have alot of other mods I'm working on for my 02 LSE including ahigh output alternator since mine shot craps last time I drove it. I will keep everyone updated.

And marc....here I was trying to keep it a secret for you and you spill the beans....lol

I will be working on one soon, as marcredd said, not sure how cost effective it will be. Depending on how difficult it is to fabricate, I may or may not make a few to sell. I have alot of other mods I'm working on for my 02 LSE including ahigh output alternator since mine shot craps last time I drove it. I will keep everyone updated.

And marc....here I was trying to keep it a secret for you and you spill the beans....lol

Lol. He wouldnt even tell me....

Hite, I said we had only spoken about the topic. Not that it was an actual go. LOL. Just giving you a hard time.... You are right, as soon as I posted what I said, it gave it away. But regardless members, if it does work out. Number 2, if Hite keeps one for himself, belongs to me.

I am actually shocked Rell did not figure out on his own that there was a reason I had an 06 bumper cover and was actually patient enough to wait 5 months to have it put on. :)

Well. Let's just say I had an idea...:p. Hite said he had a "secret" project.... Hope it works out it'd be awesome....us Kansas guys don't have to worry about that so the front of our cars look amazing. :cool:

I am seriously considering getting one of these: http://www.jegs.com/i/Altec Products Inc./042/400U/10002/-1?CT=999. I hate how the front plate looks especially on the Gen 2 LSE/06 bumper. They make a motorized version too but it is like 130.00. What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure with the front of the bumper as low as it is (even lower with the Eibach kit) that would get ripped off on the first steep driveway/speed bump/etc.

I like what Alex is doing and look forward to seeing it completed!

I guess one thing in my favor then is that I am running 20's and stock springs. But you are absolutely correct about steep driveways and speed bumps being a concern. Something to remember for sure.

dont know exactly what you and Hite have planned, but it might be worth cutting part of the lower grill out and have it come through there.... wouldn't even notice one of the middle verticle slats missing in the middle bottom...If you were really good, attach that piece to the top of the mount/plate so when it was "closed" the piece you cut went back to its original spot

like so.... i know a LSE / 06 would be different, but should still
work
picture.php

like so.... i know a LSE / 06 would be different, but should still
work
picture.php

I was going to do this to mine, but it will block the intercooler so I had to find an alternative way to do it.

Speed bumps would casue I problem, so I put springs on mine in case the plate hits one, it will fold back and spring forward once it passes the speed bump.

dont know exactly what you and Hite have planned, but it might be worth cutting part of the lower grill out and have it come through there.... wouldn't even notice one of the middle verticle slats missing in the middle bottom...If you were really good, attach that piece to the top of the mount/plate so when it was "closed" the piece you cut went back to its original spot

That's actually what I had in mind
Itll take some finessing but shouldnt be too hard

Members online

Back