Remote

Slow91z

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas, my ar only came with 1 keyless entry remote.

There are 2 of us that drive it (Me and my Wife), and I've seen the ones on ebay...I was wondering what is involved in getting them reprogrammed.

I assume I have to take it to a dealer, but I'm really not sure, and I'm not sure how much that would cost.

Your better off getting one from E-Bay for less money then from a dealer.
Check your owner’s manual. There is a section on how to setup new remotes. having the dealer provide a new remote and setting it up will cost a decent amount
:L

Slow91z said:

There are 2 of us that drive it (Me and my Wife), and I've seen the ones on ebay...I was wondering what is involved in getting them reprogrammed.

I assume I have to take it to a dealer, but I'm really not sure, and I'm not sure how much that would cost.

Oh you can set it up yourself?? I was gonna buy one off ebay and have the dealer set it up...I'll check out the manual.

Depending on the year of your vehicle depends whether or not you can program the remote yourself, I have a 01 LS V8 and I ordered the remote off ebay, but had to program with the crooks we call dealerships for like $50.

Hopefully you can do it yourself and save yourself money.

Good Luck. :Beer

Yes you can. Good luck! :Beer

Slow91z said:
Oh you can set it up yourself?? I was gonna buy one off ebay and have the dealer set it up...I'll check out the manual.

Slow91z said:

The car should have came with two black lincoln keys and one grey key wich is the valay key if I'm correct!! The two black keys should have came with the remote you should go back and ask them!!

hey a little off topik but any one have a remote starter, im looking for one that is cheep, works, and eazy to install. also w/o an alarme??????

I've programmed dozens of Fords, but it's true pre-03 have to be done by the stealer. I tried programming one to my 01, couldn't dot it!! If someone knows how to, let me know too.

dertyclown said:
hey a little off topik but any one have a remote starter, im looking for one that is cheep, works, and eazy to install. also w/o an alarme??????

you have to get one that can defeat the PATs - usually that means you burn an extra key.

POPPABEAR78 said:
Depending on the year of your vehicle depends whether or not you can program the remote yourself, I have a 01 LS V8 and I ordered the remote off ebay, but had to program with the crooks we call dealerships for like $50.

Hopefully you can do it yourself and save yourself money.

Good Luck. :Beer

Yep mines a 01 V8, guess I'm going to the dealer.

BIG CELO said:
The car should have came with two black lincoln keys and one grey key wich is the valay key if I'm correct!! The two black keys should have came with the remote you should go back and ask them!!

I didn't buy it new...No valet key, did come with 2 black keys, but 1 remote and the batt's dead in it.

make sure to get a new battery in it before you go to the dealer - as they wipe out all existing FOBs when the add new ones - so you gatta bring them all in with you - working.

Slow91z said:
I didn't buy it new...No valet key, did come with 2 black keys, but 1 remote and the batt's dead in it.

I know I bought my LS8 a few weeks ago and it came with Two black keys with a remote for each and a valay key as well!! The dealer shouldn't charge you for an extra remote for your car. Just go back to him and tell him hey I didn't get the extra remote for the second pair of keys I had! He should give you the extra remote!

BIG CELO said:
I know I bought my LS8 a few weeks ago and it came with Two black keys with a remote for each and a valay key as well!! The dealer shouldn't charge you for an extra remote for your car. Just go back to him and tell him hey I didn't get the extra remote for the second pair of keys I had! He should give you the extra remote!

The dealer doesn't have it...I'm the 3rd owner and either of the 2 previous owners could have lost it.

Slow91z said:
The dealer doesn't have it...I'm the 3rd owner and either of the 2 previous owners could have lost it.

You should still get them to throw in the remote. Say you bought the car expecting two keys and two remotes, thats standard. Tell them it wasn't explained to you that you would only be givin one remote.

I have programmed keyless entry remotes for my '99 Explorer by myself before. I have also done it for my fathers '00 Ford 350 and my moms '01 Mountaineer. It involves turning the key a certain amount of times in the ignition and hitting the lock buttons in a certain order. Then you have to all the remotes and click the buttons on them. However if you have more then 4 remotes already programmed the computer will not accept them and then you do in fact have to go to the stealer, they have to flash the memory. Read your owners manual again, I believe that all ford products use the same ignition and security systems.

iforgited said:
I have programmed keyless entry remotes for my '99 Explorer by myself before. I have also done it for my fathers '00 Ford 350 and my moms '01 Mountaineer. It involves turning the key a certain amount of times in the ignition and hitting the lock buttons in a certain order. Then you have to all the remotes and click the buttons on them. However if you have more then 4 remotes already programmed the computer will not accept them and then you do in fact have to go to the stealer, they have to flash the memory. Read your owners manual again, I believe that all ford products use the same ignition and security systems.

I just read the owners manual and it said you have to take it to a dealer.

iforgited said:

Yes it works on all but the LS pre-03

Members online

No members online now.
Back