Rear view mirror

97 Octane

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Driving along tonight in my Gen2, I notice a green light come on from the bottom of the rear view mirror. Looks to be factory. I've never seen it come on before up until tonight. I promise its not some mod I did.:confused:

Can anyone shed some light on what it is for? (no pun intended)

-Ren

You must have bumped the button. If you push it again, it shuts off. You can turn the auto-dimming feature on and off that way (cause you're turning off the power to the mirror).

What happens if your light comes on and your compass falls off? No really. Can I just remove the damn thing and then disable the code???? It's pretty embarrassing when you're lookin' really sexy and black, blastin' some tunes, lookin' around and then your compass falls off!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D It's hard enough to look cool when you're 43, but really. I've tried all sorts of sticky stuff and when the car warms in the 90-100 degrees California weather, my gizmo just falls off. It's really a downer when you lose your gizmo...

.....So that button is not on the '98s?

Its been said that some fool stole a compass from a Gen2
thinking it was a real nice 'Radar Detector'.:slam:

Well, the auto dim feature does not seem to work on mine.

No, I take that back, it probably still works as it should but It might be a safe bet
to say it does work because it may not detect glare as well with a 5% tint
on my rear glass.

Well, the auto dim feature does not seem to work on mine.

No, I take that back, it probably still works as it should but It might be a safe bet
to say it does work because it may not detect glare as well with a 5% tint
on my rear glass.

+1
I could tell mine worked when I bought the car, after I had the windows tinted I only see it change every once I'm a while.
Usually when some a-hole in a 4wd with his high beams on gets behind me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back