Rear mustang hub Diameter

Stack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay... for those of you that don't know I have the DBRU full 13" brake kit all the way around on my car...

I was having issues with the noise they were making... lots of grinding, caliper, pad noise and such. I had to run a :q:q:q:qty spacer when I first installed them to get them to clear the rims but now that the pad has worn down enough I was able to remove the spacer...

That solved alot of my problems and I figured out why the rears are making noise as well...

The rear rotors are the same as the front and have the same inside mounting hub diameter... so the rotor has play around the hub. Now Kid and I were talking and I guess I was wondering too if I swap to the mustang rear hub will it be as big as the front? I don't see why it would be...

If thats the case and it wont solve my problem why in the hell didn't DBRU send a hubcentric spacer???

Kid said i could get one machined but we are talking some ching... Let me know guys

is your brake kit for the lincoln bolt pattern or the stang pattern? I'm sure you know of the bolt pattern difference. I hub swapped and am running the stock cobra 11.65 rear's. Its been a couple of years, but if i remember correct they align pretty tight with the studs and don't really rely on the center ring. I don't believe that the mustangs have the hub centric wheels either. I could pull a wheel off prob on sun and let you know if you don't have an answer by then.

actually do you have a digital caliper gauge? I'll measure my cobra hub then you can compare it to your hub and your brake set up.

If you are running stock VIII hardware, you NEED rings to keep the rotors centered on the hubs. The center flange is smaller on the FN chassis than the stang.

If you were running a hub swap, you would have no issue at all.

So mike... the rear hub for a mustang... even with the 11" brakes... is larger than the OEM Mark VIII rear hubs?

My wheels and my brakes have both patterns so its not a problem at all...

Just so everyone is clear... once again... I am talking about the REARS... The fronts are gravy... SO LSC8... if your rear hub is the same size as your front hub then I will be fine. Thats the problem I am running into. The 13" rotor on the rear is the same as the front... but the rear hub is smaller... causing the rotor to float...

Just reiterating

So mike... the rear hub for a mustang... even with the 11" brakes... is larger than the OEM Mark VIII rear hubs?

My wheels and my brakes have both patterns so its not a problem at all...
I am pretty sure the OD of the hub plate IS different, BUT, If you were to buy or machine a hubcentric ring to go between the rear rotor and the centering flange of the rear hub, you would also be, (in your terms) "gravy".

fast Ed makes rings for the rear Cobra rotors. Look at this thread to get his info etc... I got a set from him and brackets when I did my Cobra brakes, great guy to deal with :)

HAHAHAHA... Mike knows about my use of "gravy"... :D

And Thats what I thought... the rears mustang hub are still going to be small with the 13" rotor(which is basically just another front rotor)

So it seems my best bet is to just get some centering rings from ed at TCCOA...

:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back