Rear End Sways

Jaymike

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 96 Mark with spring and strut suspension and my rear end sways when i hit bumps or dips in the road:eek: my rear CV axles need to be replaced :( I hope thats the problem cause i have the parts in the garage. ANY IDEAS

I have a 96 Mark with spring and strut suspension and my rear end sways when i hit bumps or dips in the road:eek: my rear CV axles need to be replaced :( I hope thats the problem cause i have the parts in the garage. ANY IDEAS

Most of the time CV only need to be changed when boots break.

You'll need a hand changing those rear axles, someone needs to push the axle towards the diff so the lower control arm forward bolt can be removed easily. Check your control arm bushings while back there. Chances are that if you're axles are shot (which is VERY rare on these cars) that all of everything else is shot too

Toe compensator link or wheel bearing or loose axle nut.

Axles are fine. As stated, if axles were bad then the car is shot or has SERIOUS hp.

toe compensator links or wheel bearings.

I concur.

Could possibly be. I'm not ruling that out. But I'm tellin' ya, my car's rear end used to sidestep so bad over bumps I thought it was going to jump off into the ditch. My rear shocks were completely and utterly toast. One was so worn out it collapsed under its own weight when I removed it. Had zero pressure at all. Installed a set of heavy duty Monroe Gas Ryder shocks for a '69 Galaxie (they were only $6 each on ebay:D) and solved the problem completely. Now it glides over bumps without a single flutter. It's great. I'm just pointing out that this solved my problem and it may be a good starting point since shocks are relatively cheap and easy to install as a first step in finding the problem.

I just replaced rear shocks and springs last week it rides a lot better but still sways not as much as before but it makes me nervous at high speeds. Im gonna check toe compensator links, wheel bearings and rear lower control arm bushings tomorrow thanks guys will update when this mystery is solved

Members online

No members online now.
Back