rear brake question

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i have cobra rear rotors on the 97 that i just bought, stock calipers with a relocator that brings the caliper out further, my problem is, the rear rotors are not spinning true, i guess its because the holes in them are all bigger, including the center bore, so as they spin they are a little out of round and make for a fantastic feeling when braking lol. what can i get to keep the rotors in the dead center of the rear hub and get rid of the shaking? do they make hubcentric rings that will allow me to put the rotor on true?

There is a guy on TCCOA that sells the adapter hubcentric rings... let me find his info... hmmm

Get rings from Ed. He should sell them and the brackets together imho, as people really should use them...

Wow. Those holes have to be really f'd up, because those studs aren't flexing with that hubcentric wheel. So long as the wheel has the hubcentric spacers installed.

Wow. Those holes have to be really f'd up, because those studs aren't flexing with that hubcentric wheel. So long as the wheel has the hubcentric spacers installed.
Most wheels are not hub centric for our cars.
This wouldn't matter anyways for the rotors as the wheel holds it in place, but it can slide still if it really wants. Rings are a good idea... :)

exactly the wheel holds the rotor on and if the rotor doesnt fit the hub like factory rotors then its not gonna spin true, so i need to get the rotor centered and need the rings to keep it centered. there isnt anything wrong with the wheel.

Understood. But the wheels on that car come with hubcentric rings. So if the wheel is tight, the studs can't flex to allow the rotor to move around, I would think. UNLESS the bolt pattern holes were drilled too large. Which must be the case. See what I mean? The rotor, hubcentric or not, cannot flex, unless the bolt pattern on the rotor was drilled with too large of holes.

He is refering to an up and down motion of the rotor, not a side to side.

He is refering to an up and down motion of the rotor, not a side to side.

When you have a circle the difference between moving up and down and side to side is nothing...

That being said Stack has wheels from Brand and they didn't come with any hub centrics...

When you have a circle the difference between moving up and down and side to side is nothing...

Right, that's why I LOL'd

That being said Stack has wheels from Brand and they didn't come with any hub centrics...

That's suprising, and now this makes sense. I was the very first to put a set on a markviii, and I got a set.

Jamie, if you don't have the teflon hubcentric rings for the wheels, call Brad. Otherwise you're still going to have a problem no matter what you do with that rotor!!

its not my wheel i have an issue with, my rear rotors are from a cobra, they are 11 inch rotors in the rear and they are horrible under braking, i need a ring to put inside the hub hole of the rotor, the cobra brakes have a larger hub hole. i guess the only people who can understand what i am talking about had to have put cobra rotors on their mark also. i need something that will keep the rear rotor true to the hub, i dont need anything for my wheels, the wheels roll true and the car drives perfect, its only under braking. the hubs are still stock mark VIII hubs.

its not my wheel i have an issue with, my rear rotors are from a cobra, they are 11 inch rotors in the rear and they are horrible under braking, i need a ring to put inside the hub hole of the rotor, the cobra brakes have a larger hub hole. i guess the only people who can understand what i am talking about had to have put cobra rotors on their mark also. i need something that will keep the rear rotor true to the hub, i dont need anything for my wheels, the wheels roll true and the car drives perfect, its only under braking.

Jamie, step back and read what I'm saying dude. Your wheels are cast from a mustang wheel JUST the same.

I completely understand the hub center on your mustang rotors are larger than your hub center on your hub.

Now, do you have plastic rings that sit inside the hub of your WHEEL? Because if you don't, they are not-hubcentric.

If they were, your rotor would not flex like it does, regardless what it came off of-unless the bolt pattern holes were drilled too large! (Not the bolt pattern drilled too large, but the actual HOLES that were drilled so that it would go on your car)

Got me bud??

If your WHEEL is hubcentric, and tight, you should not have a problem with your non-hubcentric rotors!! Because the studs COULD NOT FLEX if this were the case, making whether or not your rotor is hubcentric completely irrellevant!

well then obviously the holes that were drilled in the rotor to fit on the stock hub must be too big. i just got the car and havent even pulled the wheels yet i dont know what is behind them, i'm going off what the previous owner said, he said i need a ring to put in the hole of the rotor, from what i understand is my wheels are knock offs from brad with the mark VIII bolt pattern, not true mustang wheels so if the rim was produced to be on the mark VIII studs wouldnt it be true without any kind of ring?

i wrote to the guy i bought the car from so he can refresh my memory as to what i need, he told me when i picked it up, it was 16 degrees out, we were putting all kinds of extra parts in the trunk, my buddy and my brother in law were there, there was a lot going on so i didnt pay much attention to it, but he will tell me what i need, i also wrote to Ed on tccoa and he has rings to put a cobra rotor on a mark/t-bird/cougar he knew what i meant right away.

so if the rim was produced to be on the mark VIII studs wouldnt it be true without any kind of ring?

No, they're not, only the bolt pattern and offset was changed. I bought those same wheels from Brad, and they came with hubcentric rings. If you don't have these, your wheels are not hubcentric. I don't know what KK is saying, if he's saying stack has these same wheels without rings??

All I'm saying to you is to check that out on your wheels. You'll be able to pop it out like a center cap, except from the backside of the wheel.

If you have 'em, and still have a rotor problem, then yeah you need hubcentric rotor spacers. But WOULDN'T if the holes that were drilled were in any kind of decent spec because the wheels would hold the studs that the rotors are mounted on in place and act as a hubcentric ring for the rotor.

i wrote to the guy i bought the car from so he can refresh my memory as to what i need, he told me when i picked it up, it was 16 degrees out, we were putting all kinds of extra parts in the trunk, my buddy and my brother in law were there, there was a lot going on so i didnt pay much attention to it, but he will tell me what i need, i also wrote to Ed on tccoa and he has rings to put a cobra rotor on a mark/t-bird/cougar he knew what i meant right away.

Yeah. And I know what you mean also.

Regardless of anything with the rotor, you're going to want to make sure your wheels have those rings installed.

I'll clear up all the confusion...

If you have the hubcentric rings they hold the wheel and the rotor on correctly...

I'll clear up all the confusion...

If you have the hubcentric rings they hold the wheel and the rotor on correctly...

Exactly. If you have hubcentric rings for the WHEELS, you should have NO problem regardless of your rotor having too large of a hole in the middle!! Lol

what the owner told me was just what you said, rotor spacers. but what i dont get is why you keep mentioning my wheels, if the wheels need hub rings, and i dont have them, then they would ride like ass wouldnt they, all 4 wheels roll mint, at 8 mph or 80 mph, the only time i have a problem with a vibration is when i step on the brakes, so what would the wheel have to do with a vibration when i hit the brakes hard? i guess i need to pull the wheels off this weekend and see for myself before i ask for help on something i havent even looked at myself yet! and yes they are from brad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back