Rear back-up sensor..

John_P007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How come the LS has only 2 sensor's on the back, but yet most cars w/backup sensors have 4? Caddy's, Nav's even after marked sensors all come w/4. Does more mean better?????

104_0445.JPG

John_P007 said:
How come the LS has only 2 sensor's on the back, but yet most cars w/backup sensors have 4? Caddy's, Nav's even after marked sensors all come w/4. Does more mean better?????
Mine has 4! Well - only because I added it afterwards. Yes all the ford factory backup senor packages for passanger cars only have 2 sensors now.

Think 4 makes any difference? All Caddy's have 4 on theres..

John_P007 said:
Think 4 makes any difference? All Caddy's have 4 on theres..
don't know - I like my 4 - since after all the mods I have I hard time seeing out the back - so the extra two in each extreme corner I believe helps me avoid hitting something in the rear corner.

There are actually two types of sensor on the LS. Radar and sonar. There is a "box" between the "radar" sensors, behind the plasric bumper cover that houses the "sonar" unit. The coverage is really good, even out to the corners. Like Quik, I have 4 sensors as it is an aftermarket system.

So when are you going to trade your car in for one :)

Yeah my car right now doesn't even have sensors and I can parallel park it like a champ so two sensors will definately be better than none.

It isn't a big deal, I just notice that I have never seen a car w/just 2 except w/the LS. Even after markets for LS has 4.... But I am starting to like it :)

John_P007 said:
So when are you going to trade your car in for one :)
Trade-in? Never. Whenever I get more poor-college butt in gear I definately have plans on getting one. Once they give me a manual transmission to go with the V8. ;)

LennDawg said:
where and how can i get ahold of these backup sensors to put on my Linc?
I purchased mine off e-bay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7908789689&category=6779&sspagename=WDVW

They took about 30 mins to install. Come with the hole drill bit.

I ran the wires behind the bumper cover, under and through the right taillamp and installed the control box there. I then spliced in to the reverse lamps there. I installed the display on the windshield by my reverse mirror.

I'm new and just purchased a certified pre-owned '04 LS V8 last week. I love it. I've been thinking of adding back-up sensors. Any links to quality sensors that look good?

I added backup sensors to my Continental. Details on my cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2041148/3
(The link to website is on my page)

But my car has a big blind spot so backing up is hard, and these helped. But I do notice if something thin is between the 2 sensors, then the system sometimes doesn't notice.

Members online

No members online now.
Back