re-installing degas bottle

kfisher777

LVC Member
Reaction score
I needed to fix a crack on my degas bottle (2003 LS V8) and now Im not able to reinstall the bottom hose of the tank. Its not long enough to reach and put the clamp on it. Any ideas on how to install this? Thanks!

jack car up, remove drivers side front wheel then remove the plastic wheel well panel. You will see holes in the sheetmetal of the wheelwell which allow access to the hose/clamps

that hose can be disconnected about mid-point under the cowl and you can pull it out - then attach it to the bottom of the bottle, then feed it back into position and reconnect

swear at it for a day or two then just destroy all of your knuckles stuffing it on as far as you can from thbe top and deal with the occassional steam burst from your cowl on a hot day. sadly that's what my fix is. the small steam bursts never seem to lower the coolant level though..

that hose can be disconnected about mid-point under the cowl and you can pull it out - then attach it to the bottom of the bottle, then feed it back into position and reconnect

ditto -- it attaches just on the other side of the brake booster to a hard line -- detach it there. With the bottle outside of the car, attach the hose then feed it thru under the brake booster and over the steering joint and back up to the hard line -- MUCH easier to install and involves no removing of wheel/liner and working with tiny holes in the sheetmetal.

Members online

No members online now.
Back