Quick air-ride question and which wire to cut to avoid "city ride height"

LowLincoln

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I want the car to stay the same height no matter what, where, when, how. I am going to sensor-lower it as well.

Judging from the diagram below, all I'd have to do is cut #5 to the module won't know that the door is open/closed.. am I right? Or would I need to supply current to it at all times so it WILL think that the door is open?

attachment.jpg

dont think that will work.
as i believe having the door open will stop any change at all, so no load leveling either. in which case, just turn the switch off.

if you want to stop the drop on the highway, cut the VSS wire.

Why would you want to disable this feature? Before you start the car, shut off the air ride switch. Then you dont have to permanently disable it.

The air ride system doesn't work like that at all. You cut any wire and you'll just make the thing throw a fault code and not work at all.

Also that seems like a huge huge waste of a working air ride system. If you just want one ride height then go to coils.

Like suggested just shut off the switch in the trunk. That's what I do because the air suspension can be a bit funky. If someone sits in the rear i'll turn it on but i've left it off for weeks without it changing height.

Asham8 has the ability to turn this off.

Exactly - so that's why I think there's a way to fool the air ride computer to do this without buying an ASHAM8. In fact, I need to look at an ASHAM wiring diagram to see if it uses the wire I described earlier.

Like suggested just shut off the switch in the trunk. That's what I do because the air suspension can be a bit funky. If someone sits in the rear i'll turn it on but i've left it off for weeks without it changing height.

Well, I want to avoid bottoming out when the the bags are still cold (especially in cold weather) and if passengers sit in the car (frequently), it will automatically handle that stuff like it usually does. I just don't want to have to manually turn the switch on/off to achieve that. All I want to do is disable the city-height so I can ride nice and low at all times at the same height.

I'll figure something out I guess!

no, shutting off the door stuff will still leave the speed related drop.
this is not going to achieve "the same height at all times."

the ASHAM does not tie into the VSS wire. it can not turn off the speed related raise or drop.

what it can turn off is the "park height" drop.

Enable/disable park drop function
The ASHAM8 module provides a function called NO PARK DROP. Normally when you
turn off the ignition and close the doors the computer drop the car to the so called parking
position. If you don’t need it you can disable this by ASHAM8 module’s NO PARK DROP
function. There is a jumper on the Board A. You need close it to enable NO PARK DROP
function. In this case the computer leave the actual height after ignition off.
Open the jumper if you like the original park drop function.
You can see on the following picture the ENABLE/DISABLE PARK DROP jumper.

http://members.chello.hu/breda.belarobert/asham8/ASHAM8 Manual 1st ed.pdf

i still think you can stop the speed related drop by unhooking the VSS wire. then you stay in "city height" at all times, which you can sensor lower to wherever you want.

also i see this whole exercise as pointless.
the air ride handles everything perfectly fine as designed.

no, shutting off the door stuff will still leave the speed related drop.
this is not going to achieve "the same height at all times."

the ASHAM does not tie into the VSS wire. it can not turn off the speed related raise or drop.

what it can turn off is the "park height" drop.

i still think you can stop the speed related drop by unhooking the VSS wire. then you stay in "city height" at all times, which you can sensor lower to wherever you want.

also i see this whole exercise as pointless.
the air ride handles everything perfectly fine as designed.

Don't be so Negative Nancy, Chris! I like your idea. After looking at the schematic, you're spot on.

he wants to keep load leveling though. (i think anyway)

Yes siree. I want "partial" control of the air ride system - but I don't want to have to press buttons every time I load the car with something heavy or have passengers. The main point to all this is just to keep the car at the same height at most times (while sensor-lowered). At the same token, the system won't have to keep running the compressor so much that it'll wear faster. I see more pro's than con's.

Sounds like the Kale mod without the solenoid switches would do what you want?

Solenoid Mod 1.2

I'll check this out!

Members online

No members online now.
Back