question about alarm code.

MarkAte

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
the unlock button on my keypad doesnt work. is the code for the door keypad located somewhere in the car? any help guys? everytime i unlock my door the alarm goes off and i have to start the car quick. PITA!~

idont have the owners manual either. :rolleyes: i picked the car up friday. no info on the car at all.

i read on wiki answers just now that the brainbox for the alarm is behind the carpet in the trunk on the drivers side. anyone know if this is true?

What year?

If a 93 to 96, its also on the module in the trunk. Open the access door on the left side and there is a box covered in a clear plastic. It should be on there. Odd it not on the trunk hinge on the right.

By the way, if you are using a key make sure you turn it ALL the way otherwise the alarm can sound like you say it is - says this right in the manual.

i have a 98 lsc... im gonna look again, but i checked both trunk hinges, and didnt see it.

You're welcome, no problem. BTW, nice car. I'm suprised nobodys said it yet,but your wheels are backwards.

You're welcome, no problem. BTW, nice car. I'm suprised nobodys said it yet,but your wheels are backwards.

Dang it... why can't I be the first one to ever catch the wheels on backwards.

I was going to mention it, but I think it was brought up in another thread :)

You just saved $8.99 and FREE digital delivery by not going to ebay. haha good job

the code is also on the keyless entry module, but on 97 and 98 they moved the module from the trunk to behind the driverside door panel. do yourself a favor, go on ebay, or someone here may have one, get a 97 - 98 owners manual, open it up to the alarm section, and program your own 5 digit code into the cars system, it will not erase the factory code, but if you have a 5 digit number that means something to you personally, you can use it also, that way you'll never forget, mine has the factory code plus a 5 digit code means something to our whole family so none of us can ever forget the code. its very simple to do.

the code is also on the keyless entry module, but on 97 and 98 they moved the module from the trunk to behind the driverside door panel. do yourself a favor, go on ebay, or someone here may have one, get a 97 - 98 owners manual, open it up to the alarm section, and program your own 5 digit code into the cars system, it will not erase the factory code, but if you have a 5 digit number that means something to you personally, you can use it also, that way you'll never forget, mine has the factory code plus a 5 digit code means something to our whole family so none of us can ever forget the code. its very simple to do.

anyone on here know how to do it? :confused:

uhhhhh enter the code then press 1/2 type in the number and uhhhh i thought theres something after that, might not be, i dont have to on my explorer

I have the instructions for my 93' Would it be same procedure for gen 2? If so, will type it up here...

Ok, here goes, straight from my owner's book:

You can program a personal code to unlock your vehicle. This code does not replace the permanent code that the dealership gave you. Use your personal code in the same manner as you would your original code.

To program your own code:

1. Select five digits for your personal code.

2. Enter the code that the dealership gave you.

3. Within five seconds, press 1/2

4. Within five seconds of pressing 1/2, enter your personal code, pressing each digit within five seconds of the previous digit.

The keyless system registers this second code. To open your vehicle, you can now use either code. The module remembers only one personal code at a time. Entering a second personal code will erase the first, replacing it with the new second one.

To erase your personal code:

1. Enter the original code.

2. Press 1/2 within five seconds of step 1.

3. Wait six seconds.

The keyless entry automatically erases your personal code.

Ok, here goes, straight from my owner's book:

You can program a personal code to unlock your vehicle. This code does not replace the permanent code that the dealership gave you. Use your personal code in the same manner as you would your original code.

To program your own code:

1. Select five digits for your personal code.

2. Enter the code that the dealership gave you.

3. Within five seconds, press 1/2

4. Within five seconds of pressing 1/2, enter your personal code, pressing each digit within five seconds of the previous digit.

The keyless system registers this second code. To open your vehicle, you can now use either code. The module remembers only one personal code at a time. Entering a second personal code will erase the first, replacing it with the new second one.

To erase your personal code:

1. Enter the original code.

2. Press 1/2 within five seconds of step 1.

3. Wait six seconds.

The keyless entry automatically erases your personal code.

thanks man

You just saved $8.99 and FREE digital delivery by not going to ebay. haha good job

Just to annoy that eBay guy trying to sell the code, a couple months ago I posted a picture of the location of the code with a description as well in a 1 month ebay listing. It pisses me off that people are trying to make money on something that is free information, then again some people are just foolish enough to buy it I guess.

Members online

Back