Q: High Flow Cats

JHEARD

LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to put high flow cats on my lincoln. i know its a good idea, but has anyone done it? and can tell me what they think of them.

mine has magnaflow high flow cats on it, bolted right to my kooks headers, i dont know what to tell you, they work lol! you can sort of see them here.

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

and here is how it sounds.

YouTube - 97 lsc gettin on it

I use the same spun stainless metal substrate cats as dlf with great results. I've also done the reg exhaust with welded on heat shields before though as well on obd2 vehicles.

exhaust mods

My system from Geno is halfway on now- shop ran out of 2.5" tube today. New 3" high flow cats, double x-pipe, 2.5" everywhere and polished stainless tips with dual outlets. We'll see tomorrow.

WOW cheapest labor I have heard yet!! Good job man, glad your happy with our stuff and nice doing ongoing Bisiness Kev! Post some pics when you get a chance too.

Last edited:
My system from Geno is halfway on now- shop ran out of 2.5" tube today. New 3" high flow cats, double x-pipe, 2.5" everywhere and polished stainless tips with dual outlets. We'll see tomorrow.
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but how did the shop get your old cats off? Did you already have headers and the upper 2 cats removed or something?

I use THESE on all three of my cars.
Stop posting pics of that fuggin thing! :mad:

*adds oil filter relocation, aluminum trans pan, stainless pipes, headers, Dennys shaft and a steam clean to "must do" list*

Why did you change out the trans lines with rubber ones? Why did you move the O2 sensors location farther down stream?

Stop posting pics of that fuggin thing! :mad:

*adds oil filter relocation, aluminum trans pan, stainless pipes, headers, Dennys shaft and a steam clean to "must do" list*

Why did you change out the trans lines with rubber ones? Why did you move the O2 sensors location farther down stream?

:D

More pics of my B&M 70297 transmission cooler installation HERE.

The location of O2 bungs in the headers interfered with the trans cooler lines. I added a bit more delay (25%) in the tune to compensate for the relocation and the headers. And I used O2 extension harnesses (the tan braided cable in the first pic) so that I'd never again have to try to reach up behind the motor to disconnect the O2 sensors.

HPIM0454.JPG

HPIM0459.JPG

HPIM0589.JPG

Ugh, you set the bar too high mang. Thats how I want mine to look but have many many things to buy first.

Still wanna have teh sex with your car like this guy :lol: :

YouTube - Big Man On Campus 7

cats

Driver's side was the worst. Cut old ones off as far behind EGR fitting as possible. It wasn't round when we started so we massaged it till we could adapt the 3" opening on the cat to it. Sawzalled the passenger side off with not issue. Again, we reduced 3" to 2.5". We used the factory first hanger after the cats and tied the tubing together in three other places prior to hanging the mufflers. The muffs will be raised some when the LSC bumper covers go on prior to paint this spring.
Its double x-pipes, genos muffs and cats and its quiet at idle, pretty loud and a bit buzzy going through the gears and not bad at highway speeds. Getting compliments already!
Pics to follow soon. Great products from Geno!

I'm just trying to figure out how DLF's car is so clean underneath cause he is a S Jersey guy and that thing is spotless :eek:

I mean my car is clean underneath but it ain't that stinkin clean :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back