Put HIDs in my 95

slowmkviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have had the lenses for about 8 months.
I wish I would have put them in for winter when I drive to and from work in the dark.

Before:
pics 1 and 2

The lenses: notice the build date is before The 95 LSC was even available :)
pics 3 and 4

After: Pics 5 and 6

And a special thanks to KeVIIIn who sold me the mounting brackets
cause my lenses were never installed in a car and didnt have them.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Good job! I always said my stocker headlamps looked like a couple of candles in front of the car on low beam!

I'll have to do some before & after of my solution - putting clear stock headlamp housings with HID conversions installed.

BTW, is that a factory hood on your Mark, slowmarkviii? It looks like a cowl hood of some sort!

I'll have to do some before & after of my solution - putting clear stock headlamp housings with HID conversions installed.

If they're new or at least look to be new with no burn in the chrome, you'll love the light output. Mine have never seen a halogen bulb burned inside them and the HID's barely put off any heat, compared to a 65 watt halogen. That was one of the dumbest things they ever done with the Gen 1 housings. This is what I see with low beams only.

HeadlightsAimed008.jpg

HIDs006.jpg

Photo0537.jpg

People assume that the beam spreads and blinds people but I do know that new ones don't. If I put them on high, my switch pins are wired so that both stay on and I can see miles ahead of me but I never need the high beams.

Netkeym its a stock hood
Anybody else have 95 hid lenses.
the pics were before I aimed the lights properly even.

Luke

Netkeym its a stock hood
Anybody else have 95 hid lenses.
the pics were before I aimed the lights properly even.

Luke

Looks awsome man, I believe mine have either a late 95 build date or early 96, can't remember..what was the build date on the ones I sold you? Do you plan on getting those refinished?

WOW! Awesome man! I know how you feel, I did mine this past weekend. I had the lenses installed on my car for 5 months, using high beam only. I finally have the HID's working as they should! CONGRATS! I know you must feel great!

It does feel great.
Kevin I couldn't make out the date on them and cause the backs are junk I was planing on putting the clear lenses on a base model backs. At least that was the plan when I bought them not sure when I will have time for that though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back