Pull Down Trunk?

klutch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Simple Question couldn't find anything about it on the forums thought. Just wondering if the Gen 2 Mark VIII's have the pull down trunks such as the Town Cars?

well its for a reason... the reason is from my expierence trunks without pulldown rattle to hell when you throw some subs in the trunk but the pulldown ones dont seem to rattle as much and sound as crappy.

the money spent on the "pull down" could be spend in sound deadening the trunk lid, and walls. and will sound better anyway.

Yes.....Or a fascimilie thereof. There are cheaper versions out there, that work fine. Do a search for "brown Bread insulation"

:I

I think subs complete the lincoln sound systems all you need is a decent sub or subs and it will sound really good the factory speakers are great just not big enough to accurately reproduce the bass in songs. btw thanks for the help 9m45 :Beer

No problem man, thats why im here....You'll be amazed how much a decent layer of insulation will help you out. I pulled the interior apart in my 94. 3 layers on the floor, and a single layer everywhere else. You talk about QUIET!

BTW, this stereo is NOT stock.

sound quality?!? and i suppose you think a big thumping trunk is quality sound give me a break. lincolns if youe system sounds like sh1t without subs and all that then you need to buy a better system.(and before you get cute i have a 2500.00 system in my 98) and i dont have not 1 extra amp or sub woofer and i cant turn it up more than half way with out it rattling my mirrors. ask anyone in the north east chapter that has seen my car ask squirrel, or jamler in specific i wasnt saying that you cant enjoy your car but if you are considering modifing your truck latches and systems to accomodate a sub woofer. you are doing something wrong.
and btw
didnt i tell you to go get your f u c king shine box before.
Eric

Why such a attitude? I thought it was just a friendly discussion :shifty: besides if someone wants there car to shake the windows of the block there driving down I see that as there business since its there car...

Last time I checked, I was'nt trying to start a fight in here. BUT....

If you spent 2,500 on a stereo with NO subs, and no amps, your a friggin idiot. no offense :)

In my 94 I'm running the afore mentioned sound deadening material just because I like it to be silent driving down the road.

As far as my system goes.

Ive got a Panasonic CQ-C8100U in the dash, sending a 5 volt signal to an alpine 50X4 channel amp for the mains, which arew all infinity Kappa's. I have *1* dual voice coil 12 inch Cadence mallet sub. This is a sub designed for SQ only. Total I have just over 1,200 including the wiring materials, and the sound deadening.

Yea, you may be able to shake your mirrors, but your music IS not gonna sound as good at a low volume(or high volume for that matter) as the same system with a decent sub. The smaller speaker CANNOT!!!!! reproduce the low frequencies required to get good sound quality at a low volume.

Although I do agree with you about people shaking thier cars apart with useless sound, I feel you need to lighten up a little bit. I know what the hell i'm talking about here, and would'nt lead any of you guys down a wrong road.

Take this post how you will, I'm just staing an opinoin.

Mike

MrWilson said:
WHats a pull down trunk anyways?

it's a feature that closes the trunk for you, you just push the lid down to the catch, and a little motor does the rest. My buddies 97 STS has one. He gets kind of mad when I slam it. :D

94m5 said:
Last time I checked, I was'nt trying to start a fight in here. BUT.... If you spent 2,500 on a stereo with NO subs, and no amps, your a friggin idiot. no offense :)

Mike

Ahem,, Looking back at that, that looks alot worse than I meant it. I did'nt mean to call you an idiot. BUT i'm having a VERY hard time believing 2,500 in your stereo. What components are you running?

sure components lets see and again let me say that any one can verify this as fact. pioneer avh6600 dvd $.1,065 the avic n1 wasnt available at that time. pioneer avic 88 dvd $1,154 its my navigation setup and again its since before the avic n1
pioneer gexp910xm $236.00 plus a $60.00 antenna and a $10.00 a month subscription to xm radio
pioneer gexp6400tv $249.00 television tuner
4 pioneer 5x7 3way speaker and 4 pioneer 2 1/2" 2 way tweeters about 350.00
install kit and harness freebee
installation ooo about 4 hours of my time. and i must say that it absolutley cranks and i couldnt possibly see the need or desire for any more thump than i am gettin now. so see 2500 was a gross under estimate. i think that those that thump away all day just heve the need to prove somethin to the world. those are the same guys that spin the tires off the car at every light. when your in a lincoln already you shouldnt feel the need to prove anything to any one you should cruise relax enjoy the feel of your car. enjoy the way it cruises down the hway at 80mph at 1900 rpm. enjoy the little throaty rumble you hear when you rev it up a lil past 2200 rpm. there are very few people that actually take the time to enjoy what there doin. and have fun it becomes a competition all the time. iand i am sorry i took it to you that way but when you come at me with "apparently you dont like sound quality" it got me a lil hot since thats exactly what i am after. and lets face it "most" people with subs are only interested in one thing thump thump thump thump. who the hell wants that. but i guess fo those that do i would seriousl dynamatthe trunk and the deck area under the rear window. cause if you dont and you have the "correct" install goin on with just the right song ie the beastie boys brass monkey well youll be sorry you didnt rear windows on a mark are expensive.
Eric

You're after SQ with pioneer 5x7 3 way full range speakers ? Please ....

Dynamat is a must with serious sound systems. Dynamat the doors first, you'll be surprised how much better even the stock system sounds with the door insulated.

94m5 said:
it's a feature that closes the trunk for you, you just push the lid down to the catch, and a little motor does the rest. My buddies 97 STS has one. He gets kind of mad when I slam it. :D

gotcha....id slam it on a caddy too :)

ModPWR said:
You're after SQ with pioneer 5x7 3 way full range speakers ? Please ....

Dynamat is a must with serious sound systems. Dynamat the doors first, you'll be surprised how much better even the stock system sounds with the door insulated.
who is after anything? did i say i was after anything? did i ask you for your opinion? i just got done saying that in my opinion that subs have no business in a lincoln and your telling me i am after something. take a walk.and read the whole thread before you comment. ya see 94 this is the kinda guy i meant
Eric

""apparently you dont like sound quality" it got me a lil hot since thats exactly what i am after."

no comments.

Members online

No members online now.
Back