PS3 or XBOX360

I have a 360, have not had a problem besides the little start up problem it had a few times. I called mircro/xbox and they sent me a shipping order, sent it out and a week later it was back and I was underway again with gaming and movies. I love the 360 and added with xbox live its great, rent movies right online, get old school games and tons more.

I am going to get a PS3 down the road depending on a couple things and whether or not they release the game I want for that only again.

I've had both.

The new 360 is $249 the new SLIM ps3 120gb is $299...and it comes with free internet and a blueray player. PS3 is a much better deal.

Ive had both on large High def TV's and the PS3 is better IMO and the xbox does not come 1080p compatible and blueray is WAY better on a true 1080 setup for movies vs dvd's.

I favor the ps3 and the only pro xbox has over the ps3 is a few more games are available...but since the good popular games usually come out for both systems..who cares.

Reasons the xbox sucks -

Tons of problems with loading, ring of death, doesnt come with a hardrive (purchase seperately), doesnt come with wifi capablities (have to purchase wireless adapter seperately) doesnt come with free internet (have to purcahse xbox live seperately) and i've had the opening tray become stuck and jammed on more then one occasion. Thier controllers are nice for your hands if your not use to gaming *i prefer the ps controllers..been usin them for years)

Regardless, do what you want but they are cheap enough new if you really want to get one...thats probably better then trading, unless you get the specs, condition, size, or any extras (games, controllers, etc) with the ones this guy is offereing.

If you get the xbox DO NOT use it to watch movies, this drastically shortens the life of them. I would not use the PS3 to watch movies either, unless its a blueray and you dont have blueray player.

You ask, then why have it if not to watch movies on it?

Go buy a cheap DVD player...every hour the machine is on is one less hour of gameplay you have...there is no need to be soaking up heat and running for hours nonstop just because your either to lazy or to cheap to use a dvd player.

Also, keep it off the ground away from dust, dog hair, cigarettes, etc and spend 7 bucks on a can of dustoff and make sure you keep it clean. The ps3 does run cooler and quieter.

I've been gaming for years and i've had sega's, nintendo, nintendo 64, a few ps1's, TONS of ps2's (use to repair and sell them), ps3, xbox, 2 xbox360's, game gear, etc etc.....

The ps3 is by far the best system to date and the new SLIM is super sleek...it just came out, they brought back the HUGE 120gb harddrive and knocked the price down to 299....awesome.

If no one has mentioned it, the Xbox360 online service is only $50.00 a year, while it's not as good as PS3's freebie, it comes down to about $4 a month.

The only thing the PS3 has over the 360 is the BluRay player (if you're into BluRay) and the built-in wifi, imo. If you like wargames and first person shooters (Rainbow 6, Call of Duty etc, Brothers In Arms), Xbox360 is the better bet.

Having said that, the PS3 is still a solid gaming console, so it comes down to which games you like and if they're exclusive on only one console. <--- this should be your deciding point.

Microsoft is very good about the "ring of death" issue, they even pay for the shipping of the console. The three rings was caused by improper soldering of the video-card; I believe this issue is largely done away with on newer models.

let me explain this to you in a way which is easier for us car guys to understand.

Lets say the PS3 is the Mark VIII and Xbox 360 is the Eldorado. We all know they are both great cars that are equally fast but the Elorado(xbox) requires much more attention then the Mark VIII(PS3). Most Eldorado(xbox) have an issuse with overheating as is the case with the Xbox. When you have an Eldorado, the question isn't "Will my northstar engine need an Head Gasket job?" But "When will it blow its Head Gasket?" So what I am trying to say is, Xbox is gonna get the red ring of death sometime.

Now to Online

So now that you got your Mark VIII(PS3) or Eldorado(Xbox) you know you are gonna drive it even if you say it is going to be your weekend toy. Well every month or so you are going to go to walmart and buy a $5 Quart of oil for your Eldorado just like you would have to pay for online for the Xbox. I now you wouldn't like to pay $5 just to enjoy your full capability of your car. That is where the Mark VIII (PS3)shines, you don't need to put more money into it like the Eldorado(xbox) because the online is FREE. I can guarantee you will be online most of the time.

Now the Features

Mark VIII (PS3) hands down beats the Eldorado (Xbox) on features like the power telescoping steering wheel, Xenon lights....etc. Just like the PS3 has Blu ray, WiFi, Bluetooth....etc.

Now mods are like games for these gaming consoles. So the Eldorado, you will only be able to do stuff like Exhaust, CAI, and maybe little things here and there. just like for the XBox you have Halo, Gears of war and the some old stuff. Now the Mark VIII(PS3), you can mod it with many different things like Gears, Supercharger and much more just like the variety PS3 offers Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MAG, Little big planet, infamous and much more.

Oh and the PS3 can also have netflix BTW

Hope you can decide which you want but I am sure your will make the right choice as I see you have a Mark VIII.

Huh?

Your saying the PS3 has more going for it as far as tweaks than the XBOX? Are you serious? The PS3 has no console hacks and never will. The XBOX and this alone makes it great can have the DVD drive flashed to play back up copies of anything except,.. oh no,... blue ray:rolleyes:

If people look into how to fix some of these problems with the 360 they can do it on their own in under 30 minutes! The 360 has a huge array of hardware available and more on the way and the games can be hacked as well ( all this levels out to MODS ). The PS3 offers crap!

You also dont need Netflix with the 360 cause if you have it on the PC thats all you need. The 360 can network to the PC and play any media found on the PC.

Why on earth do yo honestly need blue tooth to play a damn video game?

Not to mention, dude. What he said about the NS engine is BS, when you compare how many where built compared to how many of those need(ed) a head-job.

BTW, my Xbox isn't flashed, it plays ripped DVDs without a problem, as any movie I've downloaded into a USB flashdrive.

The entire undertone of that guy is defending PS3. I have played 360 and Playstation on the same connection, same tv. 360 is better. PS3 online sucks with lag and cutout, and the competition is TERRIBLE.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

No he is trying to explain that it is the SAME. I have played on both as well and agree with him. honestly it is a P2P connection:rolleyes:

Huh?

Your saying the PS3 has more going for it as far as tweaks than the XBOX? Are you serious?

No I was just comparing the "mods" you can do on cars...lol...and to be quite honest, being able to MOD is a downside for the Xbox. That is best left for the PC gamers and one of the reasons to play on consoles so you don't run into these cheating bastards.

Why on earth do yo honestly need blue tooth to play a damn video game?

Ummm for a Bluetooth mic so you don't have a nerdy wire coming from your ear.;) :p

Not to mention, dude. What he said about the NS engine is BS, when you compare how many where built compared to how many of those need(ed) a head-job.

BTW, my Xbox isn't flashed, it plays ripped DVDs without a problem, as any movie I've downloaded into a USB flashdrive.

BS???:eek: just read the cadillac forums and THEY all say the same thing. Northstar engines are CRAP, they will blow sooner or later.

playstation all the way, xbox is cool for sure but ive enjoyed my ps3 so much and now i guess they are $299 so you cant really beat that

Ummm for a Bluetooth mic so you don't have a nerdy wire coming from your ear.;) :p

BS???:eek: just read the cadillac forums and THEY all say the same thing. Northstar engines are CRAP, they will blow sooner or later.

Blue tooth just for the mic?

I've read many post/forums about the Cadillac NS, as I used to own one; best part of the car was the engine. While some do need head-jobs, it isn't an epidemic as some want to believe.

No he is trying to explain that it is the SAME. I have played on both as well and agree with him. honestly it is a P2P connection:rolleyes:

No I was just comparing the "mods" you can do on cars...lol...and to be quite honest, being able to MOD is a downside for the Xbox. That is best left for the PC gamers and one of the reasons to play on consoles so you don't run into these cheating bastards.

Get out of here man!:p

Not everyone needs to hack a game to cheat!:cool:

The day I found out I can skin my own cars in Forza or customize Grand Theft Auto SD on the original XBOX was the day I realized how much better of a machine it was do to the way the games were created. Not everyone has to have cheating first in mind.

Really, how conventional is Wi-Fi for a gaming system? Are we going to drag it out and look for hot spots when we have free online gaming with it?

I think my PS3 would stay right next to my flat screen, pretty damn close to the rest of my internet connections.

There are also wireless devices that work just as good as blue tooth. Sony really snagged you on that one.
:)

Well that depends on the drive and the brand media you are using but I personally enjoy the fact we are legally allowed to own copies of games we OWN since I have two kids that get into everything. Without being able to flash a drive you cant take advantage of that liberty.;)

I say whatever system you want. They each have their perks. Personally I picked a PS3 because I had playstations in the past, the PS3 is free to play online, and I had friends with PS3's already.

Ok I do have a 1080p LG tv, for those of you wonderin. I brought home the PS3, got Dirt, and Army of 2, love the thing so far. The sixaxis controller is nuts. I am lovin Dirt though, walked through almost half the game yesterday.:D

Ok I do have a 1080p LG tv, for those of you wonderin. I brought home the PS3, got Dirt, and Army of 2, love the thing so far. The sixaxis controller is nuts. I am lovin Dirt though, walked through almost half the game yesterday.:D

PS3 is a great system, so enjoy. If the cat is willing, see if he'll loan you the Xox360 to try out.

He sold the xbox to my other buddy the same day [yesterday]. All I need now is the highdef cord and I'll be good to go. Right now it just has the 3 rca hookup.

He sold the xbox to my other buddy the same day [yesterday]. All I need now is the highdef cord and I'll be good to go. Right now it just has the 3 rca hookup.

Order the HDMI cable online, if you go to Bestbuy (or similar),they'll likely anally rape you on the price.

I was going to try vintage stock or game stop they sell used stuff here locally. And they are good about returnin stuff also especially vintage stock.

I could write you another lenghty post of proving all your points wrong again but since he already bought a system, I don't care.

Get BF1943, I LOVE that game but remember its only online but for $15 its well worth it.

Oh yea buy.com is where I got my HDMI cable. Like TheDude said, only buy from online, it is MUCH cheaper.

Or you can buy an HDMI cable at walmart, they are pretty much the same ones as the ones you find online, but you will have it that day.

Its $10 in walmart (from walmart's site) but you can get it for like $5 or cheaper online. so you can either have it today from $5 more or so.

10$ in my hand hell I figured you guys meant like 50 or so. I can live with 10 though.

Members online

Back