PS3 or XBOX360

1bad4.6l

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Abuddy of mine has a Truck he needs a tranny for and I have a built to the hilt 350 turbo. He said he would trade me one or the other. I have heard the xbox has issues and Its mainly to watch movies and play the occasional wargame. any recomendations would be nice and also do you Know of any good war games I used to love conflict vietnam. Thank you!

weeeell early production 360 had the coolin issue ( just add a mark fan lol) and the ps3 has the yellow light of death. ive played the ps3 and its dandy but my 360 elite hasnt had an issue yet, i dont kno ive been thinkin of gettin a ps3 for $hits and giggles but.... all in what your heart desires

movies? PS3 supports blu-ray. If your going to play your war games online 360 has the better online community. My PS3 is awesome, never had a problem. That ring of death is too damn annoying on the 350.

Not online thats too advanced for me. Hell im lucky to find my way here til my wife put it in favorites on our pc. No I just like the war games. My cousin has a 360 that wont read games half the time. So the 360 isn't blue ray huh?

360 isnt bluray, but than again who wants to pay 40-50 a movie :shifty:

I have both systems and as far as actual video games go they are about equal. Every once in a while the 360 freezes for a second or two but thats about it.
As far as everything else movies, multimedia system, online for FREE Wi-Fi for FREE the PS3 is far superior hands down. Some argue that the Xbox online is better, yeah maybe but also costs money!

any call of duty game will keep you entertained, i vote 360, cause after you discover multi player, you will be hooked. ps3 is like masturbating, yeah it's fun at first but after a couple minutes by yourself it gets boring.

any call of duty game will keep you entertained, i vote 360, cause after you discover multi player, you will be hooked. ps3 is like masturbating, yeah it's fun at first but after a couple minutes by yourself it gets boring.

:I very well said :D

I mean free because you don't have to pay for an online membership to get into the playstation network. Xbox charges you to use their online network, plus unless you buy the wi fi kit for the 360 you have to plug an actual cord into the 360 to get online.

Who cares about blue ray? The 360 blows the PS3 away! This is coming from a once die hard Playstation fan.

Compared to the 360 the PS3 is virtually worthless. The 360 isnt like the original XBOX where the darker games were very few yet plenty for the PS2, this system has just as many creepy dark games as well as action games as the PS3 and then some.

Not to mention the hacks.

360 isnt bluray, but than again who wants to pay 40-50 a movie :shifty:

Who pays for movies now-a-days anyway. :shifty:

But seriously....

360 > PS3 for gaming

PS3 > 360 for everything else (BlueRay, wireless, HDD size, etc)

I'd still pick the 360

I hope you know at this state in technology that blue ray isn't much of an advancement unless you want more features on your DVD. As far as clarity, sound, and performance that is all based mostly around your home theater system/TV. You have a sh*tty tv and a blue ray and what's the point. I hate paying more and more for a newer technology which isn't much different...and when I gotta pay nearly 70bucks for a XBOX or PS3 game I just go for gamefly. Oh and btw, XBOX 360 supports NETFLIX so you can stream many movies for free :-D

oh and all the wartime games...there's TONS

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1259/War-Games-A-Guide-to-XboxXbox-360-Military-Titles/p1/

First of all make sure its a later gen of the 360 HDMI connector on the back. If its not then theres no way I would trade.
I have both ps3 and 360
here my OP on them

360 +'s
Selection of games 360 wins.
controller "feel" 360 all the way PS3 doesnt come close.
Xbox live $50 year

PS3 +'s
1080p tv then ps3 wins. (to my knowledge 360 wont do 1080p)
blu ray player.
runs quieter and cooler
HDD size (upgradeable youtube it)

First of all make sure its a later gen of the 360 HDMI connector on the back. If its not then theres no way I would trade.
I have both ps3 and 360
here my OP on them

360 +'s
Selection of games 360 wins.
controller "feel" 360 all the way PS3 doesnt come close.
Xbox live $50 year

PS3 +'s
1080p tv then ps3 wins. (to my knowledge 360 wont do 1080p)
blu ray player.
runs quieter and cooler
HDD size (upgradeable youtube it)

The newer 360s will do 1080p as long as you have an HDMI cable.

360s do 1080i not necessarily 1080p but I have yet to try the HDMI, only my home theater currently runs on that...and it's IMAX quality :-D

IDK. Bought a 360 new last year. Played it maybe 6 hours and sold it a few months latter.
Just got a PS3 yesterday and I cant put it down. The picture looks better too (52" 1080p Plasma) and I just like the unit better. Maybe its cause I am a GT fan and just got the early GT5 release and steering wheel. :D

I did not know it was Wi-Fi though. Guess I need to read the instructions. :lol: I was thinking I was gonna have to get a long ass cable to hook to my router. :)

The only good thing about PS3 is its free online play. But, with tunneling software like XBConnect you can use the 360 online for free anyway.

IMO, even without the 1080 the 360 still looks better. Thats just nuts if you ask me.

I had both and now I have only the PS3 left. The 360 didn't do it for me. But I prefer sports games over war games also.

let me explain this to you in a way which is easier for us car guys to understand.

Lets say the PS3 is the Mark VIII and Xbox 360 is the Eldorado. We all know they are both great cars that are equally fast but the Elorado(xbox) requires much more attention then the Mark VIII(PS3). Most Eldorado(xbox) have an issuse with overheating as is the case with the Xbox. When you have an Eldorado, the question isn't "Will my northstar engine need an Head Gasket job?" But "When will it blow its Head Gasket?" So what I am trying to say is, Xbox is gonna get the red ring of death sometime.

Now to Online

So now that you got your Mark VIII(PS3) or Eldorado(Xbox) you know you are gonna drive it even if you say it is going to be your weekend toy. Well every month or so you are going to go to walmart and buy a $5 Quart of oil for your Eldorado just like you would have to pay for online for the Xbox. I now you wouldn't like to pay $5 just to enjoy your full capability of your car. That is where the Mark VIII (PS3)shines, you don't need to put more money into it like the Eldorado(xbox) because the online is FREE. I can guarantee you will be online most of the time.

Now the Features

Mark VIII (PS3) hands down beats the Eldorado (Xbox) on features like the power telescoping steering wheel, Xenon lights....etc. Just like the PS3 has Blu ray, WiFi, Bluetooth....etc.

Now mods are like games for these gaming consoles. So the Eldorado, you will only be able to do stuff like Exhaust, CAI, and maybe little things here and there. just like for the XBox you have Halo, Gears of war and the some old stuff. Now the Mark VIII(PS3), you can mod it with many different things like Gears, Supercharger and much more just like the variety PS3 offers Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MAG, Little big planet, infamous and much more.

Oh and the PS3 can also have netflix BTW

Hope you can decide which you want but I am sure your will make the right choice as I see you have a Mark VIII.

Software for the 360 has to be better. Microsoft > Sony. Xbox has netflicks. The controllers are more ergonomical, the system runs better. The Xbox 360 is a gaming console, not a jack of all trades. If I were to purchase a gaming console I'd want the one closer affiliated to gaming then one who attempts to encorporate many different aspects, such as internet etc. to try and gain a leg up. PS3 online is free, but it absolutely sucks. The lag is terrible, the level of skill is absolutely atrocious, and there are too many ways to hack and cheat.

Gran Turismo is great on it's own but it's not going to make the PS3 game market better.

If you want gaming, go 360. If you want a bunch of stuff, do PS3. Not to mention Call of Duty runs much MUCH smoother on 360.

Members online

Back