prototype mk8 - geno?

Carriage-tops and convertibles are pretty rare among Mark VIIIs. Add to that the fact that Mark VIIIs in general aren't something you see on the road every day, and yes you do have a rather uncommon vehicle. Probably the only Mark VIII harder to find would be a Spring Feature.

All of the carriage-top and convertible conversions were done by a company located in FL, and I've only seen a handful of cars pictured with those modifications online.

Here's a link to a thread about Dennis Jones' "Maui Edition" Mark VIII, which is a particularly awesome example: http://tinyurl.com/2hevag

The mark VIII's with the phantom tops are not that rare. I have seen several of them driving around. I am not a fan of them however.

Carriage-tops and convertibles are pretty rare among Mark VIIIs. Add to that the fact that Mark VIIIs in general aren't something you see on the road every day, and yes you do have a rather uncommon vehicle. Probably the only Mark VIII harder to find would be a Spring Feature.

All of the carriage-top and convertible conversions were done by a company located in FL, and I've only seen a handful of cars pictured with those modifications online.

Here's a link to a thread about Dennis Jones' "Maui Edition" Mark VIII, which is a particularly awesome example: http://tinyurl.com/2hevag

Good freakin' lord that has to be the single most gaudy hideuous Marks I have ever seen. Chrome wheel well openings? FAT WW's? C'mon my gawd.
Looks like he just walked into the local ghetto your car up shop and ordered everything.

Those fake or "Gag" tops as we call them here in NJ are done by many hundreds of companies all over the country, yet another disgusting look imho on a Mark or ANY car for that matter, plus it really promotes rust under that crap. (Sorry to anyone who has a gag top Mark but man there gross)

Yeah i dont like those tops either. Cant see the purpose of them other than noise insulation. That pic i posted is a florida car thats for sale for just shy of 3k. When i first moved to usa, i went to look at a cadillac seville sls which had a green landau top. Up close severe corrosion was apparent all around the edges of the fabric roof, so i left it and got the mark instead.

They are popular among the elders... Most older luxury cars, including the Marks, had these from the factory and I think some people just cant let that "look" go.

Lets face it though, most who have one or think they look good also wear plaid shorts, a visor and cant drive over 15mph.

Hey aggiestckl, Weren't you the one who basicly told all of of Mark VIII owners to screw off because you had bought a new car???

When I lived in south Florida, I saw those godawful tops on EVERYTHING. Few cars are more hideous than a Chevy Malibu or a Hyundai Sonata with a fake convertible top.

I fully agree. Guess them tops are pretty popular in florida? Cars with such tops must get pretty hot too! Any idea how much these tops cost and what their purpose is? Maybe they are just a style thing. Very eighties...

Hey aggiestckl, Weren't you the one who basicly told all of of Mark VIII owners to screw off because you had bought a new car???

yea basically.... they are overweight "muscle" cars that really dont show any return... anyone want to race.. ive got a real luxury coupe thats doesnt weigh as much as a dualie

yea basically.... they are overweight "muscle" cars that really dont show any return... anyone want to race.. ive got a real luxury coupe thats doesnt weigh as much as a dualie

You don't get a luxury coupe to seriously race. What did you get? I'd gladly give you a run in my Buick.. ;)

That DillRusser url is sickining! There were more pics in it then the add on ebay - the paint chunks hangin off, trunk full of a ton of equipment, the drivers side door does not work, AND the glass is broke in it (it is special glass, notice how long it is), what the heck did they do to the shoulder seatblet harness.....oh some people just need smacked. Then follow that up with rag tops....I'm sick again....

NO MORE HORRIBLE MARK VIII ABUSE, PLEASE!!!!!

i need to be held.......

MsM8

When i got my Mark VIII it had the top like that. well just to say it dosnt now. looks much better without it too.

When i got my Mark VIII it had the top like that. well just to say it dosnt now. looks much better without it too.

I fully agree. They must cause needless corrosion too! Are these tops just glue on then? How was the underlying paint when you took it off?

Members online

No members online now.
Back